Like Tree84Likes

Thread: PBN Forums Update February 2018

PBN Flagship

Ignore User

PBN Forums Update February 2018

The PBN forum section will be shut down on or a bit after 3/30/2018

We invite you to continue the discussion on our Facebook group page at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pbnfamily/

As always you can get the latest news and media from the homepage or our facebook page and instagram feed.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
    Visit Powerboat Nation for all your latest powerboating news

Ignore User
    Shame, another one bites the dust!

PBN User

Ignore User
    Why????

Cigarette CC/ Boston Whaler

Ignore User
    Sorry to hear, Brad.

2001 T/S TOP GUN

Ignore User
    Hey everyone... I do understand many of you do not like the prospect of our forum closing, but the reality si has been in front of for some time. This hard reality is that PBN is the largest boating media outlet in the world. This is a measurable value through our website ranking, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and other social media metrics.

Times have changed and reach is the only true measurable value that can provide any real data to what works and what doesn't. PBN isn't leaving or going anywhere as we continue to grow at record pace. Our decision to close the forum is based entirely on the lack of use, cost to maintain the software, and the cyber vulnerabilities it opens us up too.

In the beginning while I was not optimistic we could grow another boating forum I was convinced by others it would work and they would volunteer to support push and moderate the forums. Reality is this just didn't happen and while I was encouraged to overcome my pessimism the numbers have realized what I thought originally.....

The original plan was to develop an online presence with the principal focus on video productions and actual participation in the world of powerboating.

I do have an idea to save the Baja group to another location and I do really appreciate all the support for the forums we have to move on and focus on those parts of our media platform that get the response and returns that make sense. If i can put the Baja deal together I will let you know as soon as I can close it. w

Our front page allows for comments, our Facebook pages allow for it and it just seems that this is what we have to do.

Finally we are still engaged with everyone personally, on the docks, on the boats, and online.....I challenge you to find another group who is as dedicated to all of you on a direct level than we are at PBN

All the best

Brad
    thunderrun, INDAWIND and 92nsx like this.
    "If there's no 'ski' at the end of the root word, then we would just be idiots sayin' nonsense."

2001 T/S TOP GUN

Ignore User
    Hey everyone... I do understand many of you do not like the prospect of our forum closing, but the reality si has been in front of for some time. This hard reality is that PBN is the largest boating media outlet in the world. This is a measurable value through our website ranking, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube and other social media metrics.

Times have changed and reach is the only true measurable value that can provide any real data to what works and what doesn't. PBN isn't leaving or going anywhere as we continue to grow at record pace. Our decision to close the forum is based entirely on the lack of use, cost to maintain the software, and the cyber vulnerabilities it opens us up too.

In the beginning while I was not optimistic we could grow another boating forum I was convinced by others it would work and they would volunteer to support push and moderate the forums. Reality is this just didn't happen and while I was encouraged to overcome my pessimism the numbers have realized what I thought originally.....

The original plan was to develop an online presence with the principal focus on video productions and actual participation in the world of powerboating.

I do have an idea to save the Baja group to another location and I do really appreciate all the support for the forums we have to move on and focus on those parts of our media platform that get the response and returns that make sense. If i can put the Baja deal together I will let you know as soon as I can close it. w

Our front page allows for comments, our Facebook pages allow for it and it just seems that this is what we have to do.

Finally we are still engaged with everyone personally, on the docks, on the boats, and online.....I challenge you to find another group who is as dedicated to all of you on a direct level than we are at PBN

All the best

Brad
    hook'em, Kefurr, 92nsx and 2 others like this.
    "If there's no 'ski' at the end of the root word, then we would just be idiots sayin' nonsense."

Hydrosteam, velocity, fountain

Ignore User
    It's because of slandrew isn't it?

Ignore User
    Brad,

Have you considered moving some of the tech forums over to one of the other sites where they could remain accessible.? Shame to see so much searchable knowledge lost, not to mention the "post a random photo thread"

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Yep the bastard ....
    Slandrew likes this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I think my neighbors just heard me fall out of my chair laughing! Bravo
    Slandrew, Drew and 92nsx like this.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    Brad has a point. There is not much use of this site. I understand that.

What I don't get is why this small number of users has to single out and dump on one of them. We all share a common interest and are all pretty similar in many other ways. If we can't get along and be tolerant then who can?

Give it a rest.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    BAJAHAHAHAHA. Self policing, no? Uncle Fester lately?

Thanks Lt. Dan. You'll always be my leader.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    You guys can pick on me to. Won't hurt my feelings...
    hook'em likes this.

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PBN-Brad View Post
    I do have an idea to save the Baja group to another location and I do really appreciate all the support for the forums we have to move on and focus on those parts of our media platform that get the response and returns that make sense. If i can put the Baja deal together I will let you know as soon as I can close it.

Brad
    Don't worry about it Brad. While we really appreciate PBN and all you personally have done for us, we have found another place to go and will be taking the non-stop conference call over to Boat Freaks. Evidently one of their founding missions was to provide a public forum for boating (and other) discussions. Sounds like a good fit for the PBN guys that are still active on this site.

Best of luck to you and PBN in whatever form it evolves into.

Dan
    hook'em likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    Don't worry about it Brad. While we really appreciate PBN and all you personally have done for us, we have found another place to go and will be taking the non-stop conference call over to Boat Freaks. Evidently one of their founding missions was to provide a public forum for boating (and other) discussions. Sounds like a good fit for the PBN guys that are still active on this site.

Best of luck to you and PBN in whatever form it evolves into.

Dan
    I read that to say he was looking to capture/move the technical content in the Baja section....not so much that he was looking for a play ground for the Refugees.

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    I read that to say he was looking to capture/move the technical content in the Baja section....not so much that he was looking for a play ground for the Refugees.
    Ahhh Ha! The cloud parts and the light shines. Thanks buddy.

Hydrosteam, velocity, fountain

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    Brad has a point. There is not much use of this site. I understand that.

What I don't get is why this small number of users has to single out and dump on one of them. We all share a common interest and are all pretty similar in many other ways. If we can't get along and be tolerant then who can?

Give it a rest.
    I don't do well with passive aggressive behavior .....I have tried to help said singled out user with a boat mechanic and other stuff. I think too much alcohol is not a good thing

PBN User

Ignore User
    Name:  26jh67.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  50.3 KB
    Last edited by jrdonnellyjr; 03-16-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    sonicss31 and hook'em like this.

PBN User

Ignore User
    Brad and PBN ADMIN,

Just taking a last opportunity to say Thank you for quite a few years of your time and attention in what you delivered to offshore enthusiasts all over North America before the lights go out on Power Boat Nation.

I'm not nor will I be a FB'er so your presence will be missed but hopefully we will see you around at future events! All of your efforts keeping the website running, bringing new content and turning up the good times at runs, parties and shows were always appreciated. Thanks again for the good times!

Stay safe everyone!
    Last edited by speicher lane; 03-29-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Ignore User
    It's a great site so sorry see it shut down Hop to see you on the water soon!No worrys people gonna be a great summer! !Peace
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast