Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: PBN Forums Status Update

PBN Flagship

Ignore User

Exclamation PBN Forums Status Update

It's been over 5 years since we launched these forums. in 2012, a trend was developing, which continues to persist today. You may have noticed that forums like this one are less and less active these days as people have gone from using forums as social connections with like minded people worldwide, to using mass social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as the means. We too for the most part have moved into these channels, rendering these forums as more a legacy of our beginning rather than the main focus of our endeavors. Powerboat Nation has developed a strong focus on Powerboating video, media and entertainment and will continue to do so into the future.

As of now, some inactive or unmonitored forums have been disabled. Member subscription services have been disabled. Most sub-forums have been opened up to posting to all users. The forum is run on an old unsupported VB4 platform, which has many issues surrounding it. Therefore it can be expected that within the next year, the forums will be shut down for good.

Powerboat Nation will continue to remain active on the homepage bringing all the latest videos, media and news to the powerboating community.

If you have any questions, please ask.
    Sydwayz and Slandrew like this.
    Visit Powerboat Nation for all your latest powerboating news

PBN Charter Member

Ignore User
    I for one can not say this comes as any surprise but I don’t have to like the outcome. As an older member here that still loves this thing called go fast boat chit, am coming to the realization that I am becoming a dinosaur too. I choose not to do Facebook, Twitter and the other forms of social media for personal reasons. I have met some members here and reconnected with friends from years ago here. Thank you for the past few years as I am sure there is a lot of effort and money to keep this forum afloat that we don’t see or show our appreciation for. Thanks again and hope to see some of you again on and off the water.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User

PBN Forums Status Update

I paid for my new membership with T-Shirt on 9/12. I still haven’t received the shirt or gotten a response to my inquiry a few week back. Can I get an update on that?

Outside of that, hate to hear this. Had some good times on here.
    Last edited by j21black; 12-16-2017 at 05:55 PM.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    We all have posted a lot of good technical information on this site to be of benefit to ourselves and others. I would hate to lose that archival information. Is there anyway to download these threads in their entirety without copying and pasting each post?

A lot of us migrated to PBN from a site that closed. At least you are giving us warning, and that is appreciated. But we chose this site partly based on assurances that it would be here so to say I am disappointed is a bit of an understatement.

Welcome and Thank You for Being Here!

I'm with Sonic, I'm not doing facebook and all that other stuff, I like boating and have found this a good site to share those experiences. Where to next guys? Surely there is a good boating forum out that that is not just interested in $500k+ boats and the few people that can afford them.

Well, guys, where to next? Surely there is still a good boating forum out there somewhere. Someplace that realizes that the world is not all $500k boats and millionaire buyers.
    INDAWIND likes this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Performance Boats Online - Event Coverage, Photos, Videos, Forums and News - Latest News, Event Coverage, Builds and Articles ? They are a slow forum also.

MidwestBoatParty.com - Midwestboatparty Articles

OSO

I'll miss the app tho. PBN app works great on my Android . I can truly say If it wasn't for PBN and their forums, I would have never made friends with 7-10 fellow boaters. .

Even put me up in their house for a weekend wile i flew in to look at a boat in his area
    hook'em likes this.

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post

I can truly say If it wasn't for PBN and their forums, I would have never made friends with 7-10 fellow boaters.
    That's what it's all about. I am pretty sure that a bunch of guys who never met would schedule vacation to all get together and go boating without a venue like this. It is just not going to happen on Facebook.
    hook'em and 92nsx like this.

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    We all have posted a lot of good technical information on this site to be of benefit to ourselves and others. I would hate to lose that archival information. Is there anyway to download these threads in their entirety without copying and pasting each post?
    Well, the good news is that there is a way to do this. Open the thread you want to save and right click in the thread and you will see an option "Convert to Adobe pdf". This will create a file titled the same as the thread. It will only save one page at a time. For multiple page threads, you must go to the next page and right click and select "append to existing pdf". Select the original file. It works pretty good and may allow us to save some of our favorite information on this site.

PBN Flagship

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by j21black View Post
    I paid for my new membership with T-Shirt on 9/12. I still haven’t received the shirt or gotten a response to my inquiry a few week back. Can I get an update on that?

According to our records, we did ship it out after your email came in a couple weeks back. According to the tracking it looks like it was delivered on the 4th.

PBN Flagship

Ignore User
    Trust me, shutting down this forum isn't something we want to do.

There is a lot of moderating that is required for a forum like this, especially when it runs decade old forum software. There are a lot of bots and spammers that love to sign up and post nonsense and that needs to be cleaned up daily. It's at the point where we've essentially moderated all new user registrations to stop spam postings.

If the community wanted to elect a volunteer to become a volunteer moderator to handle these issues, it would give the forum a stay of execution for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post

A lot of us migrated to PBN from a site that closed. At least you are giving us warning, and that is appreciated. But we chose this site partly based on assurances that it would be here so to say I am disappointed is a bit of an understatement.

Welcome and Thank You for Being Here!

I'm with Sonic, I'm not doing facebook and all that other stuff, I like boating and have found this a good site to share those experiences. Where to next guys? Surely there is a good boating forum out that that is not just interested in $500k+ boats and the few people that can afford them.

Well, guys, where to next? Surely there is still a good boating forum out there somewhere. Someplace that realizes that the world is not all $500k boats and millionaire buyers.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PBN-Admin View Post
    According to our records, we did ship it out after your email came in a couple weeks back. According to the tracking it looks like it was delivered on the 4th.
    Great thanks. I’ll be at the location it shipped to on the 20th. I’ll let you know if it’s not there.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Close all but 1 down

Keep TMB Refugees in the Baja area open. Bahahahaha

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Confirmed. It’s there. I’ll pick it up later this week. Thanks!

F-2 Speed Racer

Ignore User
    Confirmed. It’s there. I’ll pick it up later this week. Thanks!
    So you had it shipped to the GF's condo ??
    Kefurr, 92nsx and j21black like this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Short-Bus View Post
    So you had it shipped to the GF's condo ??
    Don’t tell anyone.

Ignore User

Would'nt you check 1st b4 you call out PBN and Brad on not shipping a shirt in which he truly did ??

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User

PBN Forums Status Update

Quote Originally Posted by RUNNINHOTRACING163.1 View Post
    Would'nt you check 1st b4 you call out PBN and Brad on not shipping a shirt in which he truly did ??
    Because I ordered it on 9/12...Never received it, and sent a message to them through the site in late November that I never got a reply to.

Please tell me what you would have done differently.

PS. I haven’t checked my junk email - so if they replied it could be in there.

I guess I could call everyday and check to see if something arrived that I have zero indication that it shipped or that my message was even received.
    Last edited by j21black; 12-19-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Ignore User
    Called out PBN/Brad on the 17th for no ship and delivered on the 4th ,sounds like just about 2 weeks layed at shipping address.. no wonder Brads fed up with this place
    Carry on

Ignore User
    Just ordered another shirt. I've been meaning to do that.
    j21black likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    I'm pretty sure Brad's not the admin here. I doubt Brad had anything to do with or knew anything about the shirt being sent. Shipping shirts is not the reason "Brad's fed up with this place." Back to the facts.....

The order was from early September. The email inquiries to admin went unreturned until the shirt was shipped in early December. Even then he wasn't notified it had shipped.

With no reply or confirmation what's he supposed to do? Then admin starts a thread that address membership moving forward and invites questions.....what's wrong with him asking? Up to that point there was no reply to his direct/private inquiry. As far as the shirt showing up at his dad's hous in a different state only two weeks ago, then ok JB's dad is a total jerk for not telling him the shirt showed up.

Why are you tossing stones here RHR? Maybe theres a reason your banned at other sites? Stirring chit where you don't even have a dog in the fight or know the "story." No one else reading this thread was offended by his question. And in no way did he "call out Brad." Carry on.
    MXBAJA421, 92nsx and j21black like this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User

PBN Forums Status Update

Quote Originally Posted by RUNNINHOTRACING163.1 View Post
    Called out PBN/Brad on the 17th for no ship and delivered on the 4th ,sounds like just about 2 weeks layed at shipping address.. no wonder Brads fed up with this place
    Carry on
    Can you fucking read? Do I need to have my kids 1st grade teacher teach you reading comprehension? I can get Mrs Jones on the phone if you want to have a conversation about it.

Calling out is a lot different when compared to asking a simple question. See my above comment if you need to understand what a call out is. To farther clarify, it’s not like I said “Hey Brad, you are shutting the site down and stiffed me on my shirt, who else have you stiffed” “This is like TBM all over again”

Jesus Christ man. Are you related to Jim Darr? (This is also a call out in case you were wondering)

Order was placed on 9/12/17, or > 3 months ago using today’s date. Math is easy. 83 days from order to delivery.

Order was shipped to my dads because he isn’t very computer savvy and I had placed an order with PayPal for him and I forgot to change my address when I paid for my renewal subscription. I knew I was going to be there for Thanksgiving and just figured I’d grab it then, only it wasn’t there.

So I waited 2.5 months from payment and contacted the site through the “contact us” link listed on the homepage, to which I NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE.

So I’m magically supposed to assume it shipped, delivered, and follow up daily to make sure it got there. You may have time for that, I don’t.

In the end it came and I’m not upset about, I only asked in the forum because I wasn’t getting a response from other methods of communication provided by the site, but I will admit it could possibly be in my junk email.

Thanks Brad.
    Last edited by j21black; 12-19-2017 at 09:13 AM.
    hook'em likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast