• 1 Post By PBN-Brad
  • 1 Post By Slandrew
  • 3 Post By Short-Bus

Thread: Dash Gauges

PBN Charter Member
    2002 25' Outlaw

Ignore User

Dash Gauges

Went boating after rebuilding the ram caps.....NOW that Tach is dead---that and my drive gauge has not worked for a couple of years... 02 25 Baja.........Soo time for new gauges...I have Gaffrigg gauges now and my buddy changed his old Faria gauges (96 Baja) with new Gaffrigg and has some fogging problems.......????? What are you guys putting in??? Hardin Marine....Auto-Meter....Gaffrigg????? OR something other!!!!!! ALSO any re-done dash plate photos would be great...I might as well do the dash plate over if I have to change the gauges !!!! Any thoughts or photos will be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike---Tampa Bay

Hydrosteam, velocity, fountain

Ignore User
    Livorsi makes nice stuff. Have them in my velocity. My fountain is not ready for new yet

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    I don't have any experience with them but I've heard AutoMeter is making nice stuff Mike. My old Gaffrigg's are still doing their thing, knock wood.
    BajaDan likes this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

1995 Ultimate Warlock 210 LXI "Duramax Diesel" - 1992 Team Warlock 38' Express Cat "Powertrain TBD"

Ignore User
    The new Livorsi vantage view are my go to for newer CANbus enabled engines. But I had old school Autometer Marine in my Warlock and loved em.

10yrs later, still going strong.

Dash Gauges-dscn2087.jpg

Dash Gauges-dscn2084.jpg

Dash Gauges-img_20140706_211631.jpg

PBN Charter Member
    2002 25' Outlaw

Ignore User
    Thanks guys----My Gaffrigg, I was told way back when, were top of the line.......They have lasted a long time (15 years) My buddy bought a whole set last year and is having a lot of trouble----we have since heard Gaffrigg and Livorsi today are made in China or Mexico ????? I don't know.....!!!! Hardin Marine claims their gauges are made in the USA BUT I heard those Autometer,lil pricey are probably the way to go........I hate to pull the dash apart, change the gauges, and have problems.......Haha That's why my buddy hasen't pulled his dash apart again to fix/change/fight with Gaffrigg......!!!!!

Mike--Tampa Bay !!!! ANYONE HAVE PHOTOS OF A 25 OUTLAW DASH THAT THEY REPAINTED/RE-DONE/FIXED UP......PLEASE SEND THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    I'm thinking when you get that dash panel off you're going to find a birds nest. Also have heard all the connectors will have to be changed too. Your dread may be well founded. Bigger job than "you" think. Good luck.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

PBN Charter Member
    2002 25' Outlaw

Ignore User
    HaHa Hook-em------when we changed my buddies gauges from Faria to Gaffrigg--we had to photo each gauge wiring set up---change the connectors---paint the dash panel---YES a huge job and I'm not looking forward to do all that----Sooooo I'm still thinking of going back to Gaffrigg and deal with the fuel gauge fogging (u can still see the needle) and his water/engine temp reads to cold????? At least the gauges should hook up with out me throwing tools on the ground !!!!! hahaha============Thanks !!!!
    hook'em likes this.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    I used Livorsi when I did our dash. I used the Vantage View as they plugged directly into the smartcraft backbone. Having done this, I would get a smartcraft to NMEA 2000 converter and then run only the NMEA network.

Livorsi is evidently not the same company since Mike sold it a few years (8?) back. Mine fog significantly. From everything I read Autometer is now making the best gauges for marine use.

Dash Gauges-img00631-20110501-1253.jpg
    1stoutlaw likes this.

2001 T/S TOP GUN

Ignore User
    Autometer
    1stoutlaw likes this.
    "If there's no 'ski' at the end of the root word, then we would just be idiots sayin' nonsense."

Ignore User
    All gauges are pretty equal color code is important I'm due got 17 years out of mine Livorsi marine Only regret on white more glare but cooler original was blackGood luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dash Gauges-my-pictures-amen-78430.jpg   Dash Gauges-long-island-stampede-poker-run-5%3D17%3D14-001.jpg   Dash Gauges-asset.jpg  
    1stoutlaw likes this.

F-2 Speed Racer

Ignore User
    what ever brand you get, buy their sending units if you want them to read correctly
    Slandrew, 1stoutlaw and Kefurr like this.