Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sydwayz

Thread: Sudden loss of PBN and Longtime Offshore-Online Community Member: BillR / Bill Rippel

PBN Original

Ignore User

Sudden loss of PBN and Longtime Offshore-Online Community Member: BillR / Bill Rippel

I am truly saddened to let everyone know that Bill Rippel, of Virginia Beach, VA, passed away on Saturday, 26AUG17.

He was boating on the James River in coastal Virginia, when he had a medical emergency, and passed of natural causes. He was surrounded by his friends and his wife Cindy, when he passed. Those are all of the details that are needed at this time.

https://www.facebook.com/bill.rippel
    View Profile: BillR - Powerboat Nation

There will be a viewing in the Virginia Beach area this Friday, 1SEP17; and Bill will be cremated with his ashes spread over the water.

Visitation is scheduled this Friday, September 1st from 2-4 PM with a service at 4PM.
    The location for all will be Altmeyer Funeral Home at the corner of Newtown and Greenwich Road, in Virginia Beach.
    http://www.altmeyerfuneralandcremati...thside-chapel/
    5792 Greenwich Road
    Virginia Beach, VA 23462
    757-422-4000

​​​​​​​
    Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-30-2017 at 05:11 PM.

PBN Original

Ignore User
    My best memory of Bill:

On my first Jammin' on the James Poker Run, 2004; I had a nasty fall at the docks, between the boat and the dock; and gashed my leg wide open. Bill and Ty Young (Aggressor 25 here on OSO) were standing right there when it happened, and rescued me by yanking me out of the water before the top of my head got wet it seamed. Both Ty and Bill were "my two saving gorillas" as I refer to that story, as each one of them grabbed one of my arms and zipped me back up on the dock. I'll never forget him for that. I took an ambulance ride to the hospital to get stitched up, and was back at the Party that night.

These two pictures are from the Poker Run for a Cure (Susan G. Komen) in 2016. Yankey (y_schmidt on the forums); and just about everyone knew how much of a die-hard Patriot Bill was. Yankey brought this glove-koozie for Bill and you can see the joy on his face about it: (Thanks to my GF for these pictures.)

hook'em likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Sorry to hear this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

Ignore User
    SAD way to young RIP!

2001 T/S TOP GUN

Ignore User
    Very Sad..... RIP Bill and our heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. I will be there on Friday........
    "If there's no 'ski' at the end of the root word, then we would just be idiots sayin' nonsense."

PBN User
    32 dominator, 308 skater, 28 Skater (sold)

Ignore User
    condolences to his family, friends and all of you here who knew him!

PBN Original

Ignore User
    First post updated with Visitation/Service details this Friday in Virginia.

PBN Original

Ignore User
    From Bill's wife, Cindy:

All that knew Bill know how much he loved boating and along with boating came boating shirts, shorts and flip flops. I am requesting that no suits be worn this Friday. Instead, in honor of Bill I am requesting that all wear boating shirts, (your choice) shorts and flip flops, (or your choice).

Bill would want nothing other than for everyone to celebrate his life, be completely comfortable and wear their boating gear proudly!

"Settle down Francis" and "Drink up bitches!"
    Those were Bill's two catch phrases that we all heard a bazillion times. *​​​​​​​

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Man that's touching and gave me goose bumps. RIP Bill. What a spirit your/his wife has, that is an awesome tribute.

Those are "the guys" that make this community what it is. Drink Up Bitches.....
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

PBN Original

Ignore User
    Obituary:

William "Bill" L. Rippel was welcomed home to the Lord Saturday, August 26, 2017. He passed doing what he loved to do most-boating.

Bill was originally from Avon Lake, Ohio but resided in Virginia Beach most of his life and he lived life to the fullest. Bill was involved with the boating community and was one of the original founders of the "Power Boating for a Cure Poker Run". He was involved in several charitable orginizations. He also studied Business and Economics at Virginia Wesleyan University.

Bill was also a long time owner/President and operator of the family business, Audio Connection which was founded in 1977 and is located in Virginia Beach. Bill was an upstanding pillar of the community. He was a good friend to everyone that met him. He was kind, generous, and always willing to help at a moment’s notice with a smile to share. Bill was an all-around good guy which is why he will be truly missed by all that knew him.

He is survived by his beloved wife Cindy Rippel, his loving parents; Ann Rippel and Robert Rippel, his brother--Charles Rippel, sister in-law Beth Rippel, niece Ashley Rippel, great niece Ella, and a great nephew Logan, also aunts, uncles, cousins, and many, many dear friends.

Visitation is scheduled this Friday, September 1st from 2-4 PM with a memorial service at 4PM on Friday, September 1, 2017 at Altmeyer Funeral Home, 5792 Greenwich Rd. Virginia Beach, VA 23462. The family has requested no flowers.

Immediately following the service, the family invites you to join them in a celebration of Bill's life.

To all of his wonderful friends, and you know who you are, "Settle down and Make America Great Again."
    Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-30-2017 at 08:08 AM.