Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree255Likes

Thread: Friday Airplane Pics

Sunsation 288 MCOB 496HO

Ignore User

Friday Airplane Pics

Know this is a boating forum, but with 3/4 of our great nation unthawing, thought this may help heat things up. Starting things off with the F-101B Voodoo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Friday Airplane Pics-cf-101-b-52g-1980-tyndal-afb.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-f101b-meang.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-maineiac-genie.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-maineiac-voodoo-58-0293.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-maineiacs-voodoo.jpg  

Friday Airplane Pics-me-ang-f-101.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-voodoo-tail.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-winter-voodoo.jpg  
    Suppression likes this.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    Great pics! I think we have amply demonstrated that most on this forum are interested in anything that burns gas. Besides that, most aircraft are just beautiful to look at.

Dan

09' Fountain Lightning

Ignore User
    Got about 8 hours of Aerobatic time in the Extra 300, rated at +/- 10G's
    Friday Airplane Pics-image.jpg
    Refueling mission in KR135 over Oklahoma with a B-52
    Friday Airplane Pics-image.jpg
    Sorry, that's all I have on the IPad
    Suppression likes this.

Sunsation 288 MCOB 496HO

Ignore User
    This week's installment, the B-1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Friday Airplane Pics-b-1-turn.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-b-1-vapor.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-b-1_84-mk-82.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-b-1a.1.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-b-1a.2.jpg  

Friday Airplane Pics-b-1a.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-2-ship.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-3xjdam.bmp   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-ar.1.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-ar.2.jpg  

Friday Airplane Pics-bone-ar.3.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-ar.4.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-climb.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-dart.1.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-dart.3.jpg  

Friday Airplane Pics-bone-dart.8.jpg  
    TxCig and kidturbo like this.

Sunsation 288 MCOB 496HO

Ignore User
    A few more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Friday Airplane Pics-bone-inverted.2.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-inverted.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-ll.1.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-ll.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bone-vark.1.jpg  

Friday Airplane Pics-bone.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-bonetomcat.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-mk-82.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-vapor-bone.5.jpg   Friday Airplane Pics-vapor-bone.jpg  

TxCig likes this.

Boatless

Ignore User
    The Air Force has the coolest toys.

Growing up and then working on military bases my entire life has given me the chance to see (and occasionally fly in) some pretty cool planes. Watching A-10's do live fire exercises on the ranges at Grafenwoehr, demo flight in an F-16 (C?) at an ANG base in Indiana, watching the demo pilot for the prototype F-16 practice his routine at Carswell (setting off all the car alarms in the process), C-130 rides from Ramstein to Macedonia (learned the meaning of "tactical approach").....lots of great memories. I'm a lucky guy for sure, considering I've never worn the uniform.

I've seen (but never actually ridden) in B1's on multiple occasions, but my neatest Bone experience wasn't even on a military base. Driving out in the desert headed to Yuma once and saw one at VERY low altitude approaching from the left. Low enough it was actually kicking up dust on the ground. It crossed in front of me and was a half mile away before the sound hit....which was loud and violent enough to make me jump out of my seat, even though I knew it was coming. She's a beast, and in many ways one of the coolest toys in the toy box.

Cool pics. Keep 'em coming.
    TxCig and Newbomb like this.

1995 Ultimate Warlock 210 LXI "Duramax Diesel" - 1992 Team Warlock 38' Express Cat "Powertrain TBD"

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Fly View Post
    Got about 8 hours of Aerobatic time in the Extra 300, rated at +/- 10G's
    I miss the Red Bull Air Races.... Some of the worlds best pilots getting paid to play...

Friday Airplane Pics-picture-284.jpg

Who can name this TX native ? ^^

Friday Airplane Pics-picture-285.jpg

Friday Airplane Pics-picture-283.jpg

Witnessed this most amazing recovery by Matt Hall live from our boat anchored in the Detroit. He pulled this out of the drink about 300 yards off the bow. However once I got home and watched the replay, I gained a whole new respect for these guys.

Boatless

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kidturbo View Post
    I miss the Red Bull Air Races.... Some of the worlds best pilots getting paid to play...

Who can name this TX native ? ^^
    Kirby Chambliss

They're back....I watched the race from Abu Dhabi 'bout a month ago. Edge 540 seems to be the dominant aircraft in that sport.....that should make Oklahoma boys proud.

Last edited by emilsr; 03-28-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    kidturbo likes this.

1995 Ultimate Warlock 210 LXI "Duramax Diesel" - 1992 Team Warlock 38' Express Cat "Powertrain TBD"

Ignore User
    Wow they are back.... Must have lost their old email list cause I haven't seen anything come in from RB in 3 years...
    Sucks that they scrapped Windsor, was a great venue, we attended every year. Vegas it is then.

Here is the guy I want to spend some seat time with. Chuck Aaron , the biggest pair of balls in the group.. "I call my wife every day to tell her I'm still alive.." I've seen him perform twice, look up his videos for a true aerial thrill ride.

Friday Airplane Pics-chuck-aaron2.gif
    Last edited by kidturbo; 03-28-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Boatless

Ignore User
    A couple of Russian beauties; the SU29 and Svetlana Kapanina.

Boatless

Ignore User
    I feel sorry for you young guys; watching Bob Hoover do his thing was absolutely amazing. The last time I saw him was in Reno in 1996.

TxCig, Spanish Fly and hook'em like this.

09' Fountain Lightning

Ignore User
    Bob Hoover was incredible! Here is a pic of one of my very good friends Billy Werth and his brother on motorcycle.

This May I turn 40 and am planning on doing a Powerboat in the morning, 2 seat Indycar ride that afternoon, and followed by a flight with Billy after the Indycar ride. Land, Air, and Sea all covered in one day. Just working on the boat now, gotta be something fast!!!
    sommerfliesby likes this.

PBN User
    2015 48 MTI, 2011 Formula 400SS, 2009 Tige RZ4

Ignore User
    I was fortunate enough to Bob Hoover do his routine in his shrike commader, what a show! He did EVERYTHING I was trained NOT to do in a multi-engine airplane. He is the man, no doubt.

PBN User
    44 skater, searay sundancer,

Ignore User
    Got to go up with the angels in 99 in tampa at mcdill

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggler4490 View Post
    Yeah. Sure you did.
    TxCig likes this.

Bam
    40 Skater

Ignore User

LOL. And I just ordered a new 60' Skater with outboards. Both are pretty ridiculous statements. Of course, I would apologize and eat my words if you produce a pic.
    TxCig likes this.

Bam
    40 Skater

Ignore User
    Friday Airplane Pics-100_0749.jpgFriday Airplane Pics-100_0751.jpgThis was my plane. It was my grandpas. I found it after some effort and restored it. This is the day I brought it home. I have since sold it after a near death experience. Yes it is a V-tail doctor killer, I am a doctor, and it almost killed me. I still loved it and loved to fly it. I've also learned that big power boating is not less expensive.
    TxCig, MXBAJA421 and kidturbo like this.

Bam
    40 Skater

Ignore User
    Friday Airplane Pics-img_0570.jpg

This was no joke IFR with an instructor. I much prefer waves and seeing land.

Bam
    40 Skater

Ignore User
    I do miss this. Breaking out above the clouds. It might be better than boating.

Bam
    40 Skater

Ignore User
    Friday Airplane Pics-blueangel.jpg
    These guys?

NFW

Took this photo on secret Thursday practice show. Got to meet them all and shake some hands. I did not get to go up with them.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast