• 1 Post By Party Gras
  • 1 Post By Party Gras
  • 1 Post By Party Gras
  • 2 Post By the deep

Thread: Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun

2007 Kachina 2000 Eliminator

Ignore User

Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun

This boat has been on the back burner for too long. I have been collecting parts all winter and am having a Whipple supercharged 540 built for it. The cuddy is in good enough shape that I am going to leave it alone for now but the cockpit & engine compartment are getting a full face lift. New high back bucket seats, all new gauges, full hydraulic steering, trim tabs, killer stereo, new apholstery is the plan but I need to take care of a few things first. The fuel tank was flopping around under the floor & even with the fiberglass honeycomb material the floor had a couple of soft spots, So here we go!!Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-rear-seat-side-panels-007.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-003.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-pics-eliminator-cockpit-engine-compartment-013.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-floor-stringers-scuppers-001.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-floor-stringers-scuppers-002.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-006.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-005.jpg

Ignore User

A few more pics

Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-rear-upper-speakers-light-rings-installed-001.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-grinding-floor-001.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-rear-seat-side-panels-012.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-002.jpgNew windscreen, looking at placement for speakers, part of the stereo. Any suggestions or comments would be welcome as I can use any help I can get. Randy

1999 Warlock 25 SXT Cat " Lunatic Fringe "

Ignore User
    Randy , who's building your 540 Whipple ? That XP will be bad fast with that power in it !! Can't help you with the stereo stuff bro , I suck at that . That's a really nice project for the first post in this Eliminator section .

Ignore User
    Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-243.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-244.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-245.jpgHey Sam, Bill Lawson at Ateco engine & dyno shop is building the engine. We are looking for 8-900hp with a 3.3 whipple charger, Dart pro 1s, Dart block, & all the rest of the internals I can't remember off the top of my head. The drive is a Teague platinum XR shorty. I am installing trim tabs & full hydraulic steering as I already said for safety. I talked with Dustin at Menace Marine, he built a 25 Daytona that is the cats azz, LOL I would like to clean up the engine compartment similar to what he did because it really sets off the engine & everything is clean. I am not putting a time limit on this project because I tried that before & pretty much threw a bunch of money out the window expecting my employees to do their jobs right. This boat is my personal hot rod so I want to take my time & do it right. These pics are Dustins Daytona & that is the look I am going after. Randy
    EliminatorXP25 likes this.

Ignore User
    Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4069.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4097.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4096.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4094.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4092.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4089.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4081.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4075.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4074.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4099.jpgI finally got my garage done enough to use it this winter so with the boat inside I can work on it at night. Here are a few pics of the work I have been doing. The pics are not in order for what ever reason but you can see I have been cleaning up the transom & fixing the drainage problem this boat has had. I talked to Bob Leach @ Eliminator today about hull drainage past the steps. With the tank support panel in place and the tank setting directly on the hull bottom water can't drain back into the bilge properly. So after cleaning & enlarging the step drains in the stringers and removing the support panel from the floor I think I am going to install a drain plug at the back of the 1st step, then glass in a "ramp" in front of the rear step so water will have an exit.Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-stereo-3.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-stereo-2.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-stereo-1.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-gauges.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4091.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4080.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4079.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4078.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-fuel-tank-support.jpg This last pic is an idea from another member to support the tank above the floor & foam it in so it won't move at all. Then I can get to the floors, I am going to add bracing between the stringers so the seats will have more meat to attach to. I pretty much got my sub box done, which is the pedestal for the rear seat. I also have a wind screen to mount in good time that will really start changing this boats looks. So off to work I go, plenty more sanding & filling. I am open to suggestions if anyone would like to share. Randy

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    Looking Good Randy! How are things coming? Who made the new windscreen? That looks like a choice bit. Good idea about the tank. I can't believe that there was not drainage in there. You cannot keep water out thats for sure. Keep plugging!

Dan

Ignore User
    Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-wow.jpgHey Dan, got some lights mounted in the transom, I also have my stereo amps mounted. The weather here sucks so I am holding off with fiberglass work, I want to make sure everything cures right. The side panels should be done this Friday so I can get a better idea where the back seat will go. I'm looking to remount it in the original location but with the floor out I can't tell where stuff is supposed to go. Health & weather have slowed things down but I'm still plugging away. Wayne Earl manufacturing in Lake Havasu made the windscreen & were very easy to work with. Aero marine didn't want to make me one but now they seem to be making windscreens for a bunch of models. They had their chance with me, I don't have anything good to say there. I will post more pics when I get this windows 8 figured out. Randy

Ignore User
    I know the problem. It is unfortunate that in many instances you would like to be working on several aspects of a project like this at the same time but you end up not being able to because one thing has to happen before you can determine what needs to be done on the next. I think that is why so many of these projects drag out longer than you ever expect them to.

Good luck and keep us informed. It's going to be a great boat come summer!

Dan

Ignore User
    Thanks Dan, will do. Randy

Ignore User
    Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-stereo-amps.jpgI tried to load this one last night. I decided to use Rockfords new amps, they are much smaller & more power. 1 400w 4ch, 1 600w 4ch, & 1 1200w mono for the subs. Randy

PBN Charter Member

Ignore User
    nice , keep it up it's gonna be sweet!

thanks for sharing

Ignore User
    Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-12-volts-light-rings.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-interior-panels.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-front-panels.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-front-rear-panels.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-side-panel.jpgI finally got my side panels done. I hooked up a 9 volt battery just to see if they would light up, they do but 12v will be brighter. I like the pearl, it should look good in the sun. I do believe I will have to anchor the panels on the bottom with these speakers instead of them hanging from the screws like they were. Randy
    Last edited by Party Gras; 02-01-2014 at 10:37 PM.
    the deep likes this.

Ignore User
    I got my rear seat pedestal done tonight, looks good. Will have to set it up in the boat to see how much to remove from the top part.Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-dark.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-lights.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-12-volts-light-rings.jpgThis thing lights up like a Christmas tree.
    weekend@burnies likes this.

Ignore User
    Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-motor-1.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-motor-2.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-motor-3.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-motor-4.jpgCouple of pictures of where the engine is at right now. The serpentine set up is going to be completely different when all is done, also those aren't my valve covers but I can have them if I want them on there.

Ignore User
    Finally got to test fit some interior pieces today, I have to remove 2 1/2" from the upper half of the rear seat frame because the sub cabinet is that much taller than the original. I also have to remove about 2" of the pad that bolts to the engine hatch because the seat is going back to it's original position. It has been so long since I have seen any interior in this boat I forgot how small it is. 12 speakers & 2500 watts of power pushing them might just kill fish for sure!!Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4117.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4118.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4119.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4120.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4121.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4122.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4124.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-img_4125.jpgI know, somewhere along the line the hatch pad got set on the floor without a blanket or anything under it. It's getting redone but without the stitching.

Ignore User
    Coming along nicely Randy. I think your going to have enough sound in the boat, one way or another! It is going to be like new only better!

Ignore User

Screwed, Blued, & Tattooed

I couldn't stand it, I had to see what all of these blue lights looked like so I set it up again & put some power to the lights Eagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-4.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-2.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-3.jpgEagle 250 XP rebuild has begun-eliminator-1.jpg
    the deep likes this.

1999 Warlock 25 SXT Cat " Lunatic Fringe "

Ignore User
    Looking REAL GOOD buddy !
    Party Gras and shueman like this.

Ignore User
    Cool pics & back lighting, sounds like you have plenty of power to drive those speakers efficiently! Good tunes is a must have

PBN User

Ignore User
    Looks pretty good rebuild. Wonder how's it now.