Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Building of a boat storage "shed".

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post
    Wall insulation this weekend. Cut the day short today/sunday. Just out of steam and Daytona 500 time. Took 24 rolls. I'll give the extra 3 rolls to my neighbor that is finishing his basement. Dont want to kick it around for the 20 years thinking ill use it "sometime".

All the walls are interested with R-13 and the back(North) and East wall has plastic up. Finish up the west wall and next to the over head garage door wall later this week. I don't need the plastic but I purchased to much poly for the ceiling so fuck it, put it up since its sitting here. Double vapor barrier. Should also help cut down on the wind creaping threw the walls.

Side note: don't hit your thumb with the hammer stapler. At least the staple didnt go threw the nail

Shed is a mess to boot. Going to take 4 hours just to straighten it back out when time comes
    goes a lil easier when you pull the stuff outside :-) and a good wife would of hung that while you were at the bar drinkin and shooting pool with the buds

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    92nsx and j21black like this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Not a big update. Spent most of the day working the boat trailer fenders, but finished up the vapor barrier/ plastic.

Then nailed up the 3 left over sheet of OSB in the north west corner (behind pallet racking) to get them off off the floor. Have to love 63 degrees in early March in MN!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hook'em and XXLBimmer like this.

PBN User

Ignore User
    Lights.jpg
    first set of lights up
    hook'em, 92nsx and Cedesjourdy like this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Sexy.
    XXLBimmer likes this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    XXL, Is that LED or florescent?

If I ever get that far I'm looking at LED shop lights. There starting to come down in price . Sams club has them in twin packs for 57

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/2pk-le...17=1o2&veh=sem
    XXLBimmer likes this.

PBN User

Ignore User
    92 yes those are LEDs. these are high bay Tam lights. 12,000 lumens about 200 bucks each. only .97 amps each.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Wow. Been since March since I have worked on the shed. Tell today I continued to get the walls covered in OSB. Just 1 wall left to go. Maybe 15 more sheets to go.
    Slandrew, hook'em and j21black like this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    I hate painting but Amanda dosen' t mind, so I let her at it. Takes 3-4 coats to cover the OSB. Once done thinking a yellow and red strip around it to match the boat. We will see
    Slandrew, hook'em and XXLBimmer like this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Mexican back-ho today. Electrical at 18" gas at 12". Tracer safety tape just for extra insurance

Found a couple sprinkler lines. Quick spice to fix-r-up.
    hook'em, BajaDan and j21black like this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Mexican back-ho today. Electrical at 18" gas at 12". Tracer safety tape just for extra insurance

Found a couple sprinkler lines. Quick spice to fix-r-up.
    Sissy. I went 36" and only have a 6" freeze line. If that. Guess it doesn't matter without water.
    92nsx likes this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    ^^ 18-19" sucked enough digging, any deeper by hand I would have hindered illegal Mexicans to do the digging. LOL.

"Main" feeds up here also is 36" well they shoot for 35-38" below grade that is. This being a sub panel off the house only needs 18". I went with 6/3 UF-B wire. (Direct Burial). Only a 220, 60 amp service for the shed

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Just a small update finishing up getting the gas line and electrical into the shed.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    You didn't pull any wire in the walls did you? Are you just going to run surface mount conduit?
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    You didn't pull any wire in the walls did you? Are you just going to run surface mount conduit?
    No wires in the walls. Yep every thing will be on the surface.

It will be ran in 3/4" EMT. Easy this way for expanding the electrical grid in the shed since I'm not sure where anything will go.

When time comes to add the welder, done, just a little conduit and power is there. Air compressor, done, just conduit. Other wise if all the wiring was in the walls and main lug box is also, I would have to rip down the walls to add to it. Or plan every inch out and hope it is in the right place. Maybe some day a car hoist. Easy to get power to it. Yes cost a couple more $$, more time, and a lot more grounds vs blue plastic boxes and romex wire but I think it is worth it. I like electrical work.

Plan is Outlet every 10' on the long walls, 2 on the back wall ( add 1 at a later date above the window for future TV). Then where ever the cockpit lands and my finger points.... put a outlet at that height also. Plug in vacuum cleaner, shampooer, tools ect. No extension cord needed. 2 ceiling fans, outlet for garage door opener, and chit ton of LED lights. I have been eye balling these. Do 4 rows (front to back) of 9 bulbs. ($400)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HBT3BVM...=3DCM2DLB4V83V

These are my other choice. Cost a few more hundos to do 4 strips .
    https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-4-f...led+shop+light

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    New meaning to "pound sand". 2008 NEC is 2 - 8' long grounding rods into the earth at a min. of 6' or more between them.

Had to take a few beer breaks to give my forearm a rest.
    MillerTime likes this.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    Then where ever the cockpit lands and my finger points.... put a outlet at that height also.
    Rob, consider a drop cord with an outlet(s) on it hanging from the ceiling instead of (or in addition to) the wall outlets. I have found this to be a great solution for getting electricity into the boat for your aforementioned needs. If you want to get fancy, you can get a retracting reel for it, but otherwise just let the boat knock it out of the way coming and going.

That is one heck of a grounding rod Rob (not to be confused with Rob's rod).
    hook'em and 92nsx like this.

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    I found T post driver works pretty good for driving ground rods. Then when u get closer to the ground finish it off with a 10 lb sledge
    hook'em likes this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I found T post driver works pretty good for driving ground rods. Then when u get closer to the ground finish it off with a 10 lb sledge
    My neighbor had an air hammer he used to drive mine in. Took about a minute.

The other ground rod I had to put in I used the bucket on the tractor. That worked well to.
    MillerTime likes this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    The grass looks excellent!
    92nsx and MillerTime like this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    Rob, consider a drop cord with an outlet(s) on it hanging from the ceiling instead of (or in addition to) the wall outlets. I have found this to be a great solution for getting electricity into the boat for your aforementioned needs. If you want to get fancy, you can get a retracting reel for it, but otherwise just let the boat knock it out of the way coming and going.

That is one heck of a grounding rod Rob (not to be confused with Rob's rod).
    We can add anything, any where with it all being surface mounted

Quote Originally Posted by j21black View Post
    The grass looks excellent!
    Thank you!. One of these days (or years) I'll get a landing out side the service door, over head door and a side walk to the attached garage service door. Grass gets trampled there pretty good in these areas form foot traffic.

Ya a air hammer/ fence post pounder or tractor would have worked awesome. But a 2 lb hammer, ladder and cold beer is all I had in the garage.
    Last edited by 92nsx; 5 Days Ago at 05:12 AM.
    MillerTime likes this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast