Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kefurr

Thread: New Exhaust for 29 Outlaw

PBN User

Ignore User

New Exhaust for 29 Outlaw

HI, I’d like a little more power in my 2002 Baja Outlaw with twin 6.2 MX, nothing dramatic, just 1-200 rpm extra, currently it tops out at 4950 rpm with Mirage 23s. Engines are stock, except for freeing up intake flow with new flame arrestors, and on the silent choice, the OEM mufflers above water have been replaced with hollow tubes, 4”.

I’m a bit confused about the options and great variance in price on exhaust systems, what would you recommend that would give me some power on these otherwise pretty stock engines? Engine lid needs to be able to close, brackets for computer, gear, oil filter etc also. I wrote to CPPerformance and they recommended the Seaward Series. Does anybody have experience with these, on fit and extra rpm/HP?

Thanks

Bayou Baja / Boss 272

Ignore User
    Personally I doubt exhaust will gain you much, optioned out those manifolds you mention will be $4000.00 plus shipping. You'll see more improvement in all aspects getting your props labbed and probably be at $1000-$1200 for the pair
    hook'em likes this.

PBN User

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefurr View Post
    Personally I doubt exhaust will gain you much, optioned out those manifolds you mention will be $4000.00 plus shipping. You'll see more improvement in all aspects getting your props labbed and probably be at $1000-$1200 for the pair
    Already have labbed props, thanks