Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Fuel level gauge

Bayou Baja / Boss 272

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    I think the white ss unit would Match my gauges Better.

Haha i agree about water temp. I had been looking at the gauges on eBay a few days ago trying to decide on a brand. I like that Faria unit.

Where would you recommend plscing the pickup unit in the bilge? I think theres a V shape under the engine but I hadnt paid much attention.
    Can you see where the one is now?
    The very center bottom should be flat for at least six inches wide, you want to get it center and back as far as you can, you can see mine under the balancer

Name:  ImageUploadedByPowerboat Nation1501981027.900944.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  671.7 KB
    lchauvin88 likes this.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefurr View Post
    Can you see where the one is now?
    The very center bottom should be flat for at least six inches wide, you want to get it center and back as far as you can, you can see mine under the balancer

Name:  ImageUploadedByPowerboat Nation1501981027.900944.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  671.7 KB
    Ill have a look tomorrow. Supposed to be dry and clear. I was thinking it had to be close to the transom.

PBN User

Ignore User
    On my 202 Islander, I took the original sender out and measured the tank. For some reason it had a 7 inch sender installed in a 11.5 inch tank. I put a 10 inch in. My boat has a 50 gallon tank. I filled it up all the way. After running the boat to half tank. I filled it back up 36 gallons used at half tank on the gauge. I made sure I got the best sender I could buy.
    hook'em likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    I've always found over the years and several different boats it's best to take notes, just like you did Brad. Note the gauge readings and then compare to the gallons it took to equal the noted reading. I always did "both halves" of the tank, if that makes sense. Ie How many gallons did it take from "half" to fill her back up......and how many gallons did it take from bone dry up to half.

Usually I found, and certainly in the 272, the "top half" of the tank is "bigger." I cruised from Gulf Shores to Destin and burned just more than the "top quarter." We didn't cruise around in Destin, just Crab Island and into the harbor to AJ's for lunch. The return trip under same conditions and cruise MPH/RPM I burned it down to under a quarter on the gauge. I didn't fill her back up because I was trailering home 612 miles the next day, but the gauge moved WAY more on the return leg.

Edit: also be aware the gauge reads totally different at rest, on plane and on the trailer.
    Last edited by hook'em; 03-10-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4