Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Sydwayz
  • 1 Post By Sydwayz
  • 1 Post By Kefurr
  • 1 Post By Kefurr
  • 3 Post By lchauvin88

Thread: Bravo muffs/hose attachment

  1. #1
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    516
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User

    Bravo muffs/hose attachment

    I have the ears with the pin for the hose. I recall Dan posting the strap on rubber cap that fits over the low water pickup so you can run the engine out the water on a garden hose. I have to run mine in a bucket Because i dont have the piece to cap off the low water pickup.

    Tried eBay and got every thing but the parts Im after.

  2. #2
    PBN Original
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    428

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    I have the ears with the pin for the hose. I recall Dan posting the strap on rubber cap that fits over the low water pickup so you can run the engine out the water on a garden hose. I have to run mine in a bucket Because i dont have the piece to cap off the low water pickup.

    Tried eBay and got every thing but the parts Im after.
    As long as you start off with the drive being dry, you can just tape it up with Shrink Wrap Tape. Then pull the tape once you turn the engine off, so the lower portion of the drive gets flushed out.
    lchauvin88 likes this.

  3. #3
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    516
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
    As long as you start off with the drive being dry, you can just tape it up with Shrink Wrap Tape. Then pull the tape once you turn the engine off, so the lower portion of the drive gets flushed out.
    Ill keep that in mind. Just figured while Im on eBay picking up a few items id get one. I think it was around $10.

  4. #4
    PBN Original
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    428

    Ignore User
    lchauvin88 likes this.

  5. #5
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    516
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Yea Thats it. I thought i remembered it cheaper though.

  6. #6
    PBN Original
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    428

    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    Yea Thats it. I thought i remembered it cheaper though.
    Rots of ruck on that! It's a Mercury Racing part!

  7. #7
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    516
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
    Rots of ruck on that! It's a Mercury Racing part!
    Can buy Lots of duct tape and some Beer for that price!

  8. #8
    PBN Charter Member Kefurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    D'Iberville MS
    Posts
    3,159
    Bayou Baja / Boss 272


    Ignore User
    This is probably the cheapest

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/122306638119
    lchauvin88 likes this.

  9. #9
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    516
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Probably fab my own. I think i have some plastic laying around i can add some rubber to for a seal and nylon strap. I dont know. I cant see dropping $30 for something someone spent $3 to make.

  10. #10
    PBN Charter Member Kefurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    D'Iberville MS
    Posts
    3,159
    Bayou Baja / Boss 272


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    Probably fab my own. I think i have some plastic laying around i can add some rubber to for a seal and nylon strap. I dont know. I cant see dropping $30 for something someone spent $3 to make.
    Being a boat owner you should feel ashamed anytime you spend less than $100 on boat parts !

    Bajahahaha !!!!!!!
    92nsx likes this.

  11. #11
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    516
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Does Beer count as boat Parts? Cause i buy it all the time for the boat.

    Bajahahaha
    hook'em, BajaDan and Kefurr like this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •