Page 1641 of 1697 FirstFirst ... 641 1141 1541 1591 1631 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1651 1691 ... LastLast
Results 32,801 to 32,820 of 33933
Like Tree24316Likes

Thread: TBM Refugees

Bayou Baja / Boss 272

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    The HOSSDIKA association, if the truth be told, originated from two guys fresh out of prison. Joe Rochier and Randy. I didn't know Randy long (enough to know his last name), he was returned to where he belonged on short order. Joe however I did get to know well. "Our" exposer to them was working Summers on my buddy's dads texture company crew. Mixing mud and pounding walls/ceilings with a crows foot brush for Nall Textone. If my dad actually knew what that "job" exposed my 15 year old self to, he'd never have allowed it. These mofuggers were seriously crazy, funny as hell and honestly DID NOT GAF. I prolly know more prison talk than I care to admit.

Anyway, I'll never forget.....Joe singing on the job....."I'm lying here with CEDRIC on my mind" LMFAO

Here's the original for you pussies and youngsters.

Conway
    From Friars Point Ms
    He had a for real knife and gun night club up on moon lake for years
    hook'em and BajaDan like this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    The FM band (88-108mhz) "tuned" quarter wave would ideally be closer to 30" But with the ground plane the water will add it will prolly work/be better than nothing. With my old Sportcraft BR ski boat I ran a lead to a thru bolt under the dash that anchored the walk thru windshield and it worked.
    Umm.. maybe i should just run to old fm antenna wire to a 12 volt ground then... it should ground to the water threw the drive since?

Quote Originally Posted by Kefurr View Post
    Plus he’s short one prop!
    he’s clueless when it comes to who to trust when loaning out props
    Na. I know the guy is trust worthy. He has 3 maybe 4 more weeks to do more testing with it

Ill have to get the cobweb's off its brother, bahaha
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    The water surface area works as a ground plane. It's not "grounding" to the water. You'll be fine.

If it doesn't work in the shed or on the street, it's still likely to work when you're on the water.

Boatless

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by kidturbo View Post
    There is no substitute...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Gold standard of transportation as far as I'm concerned. If I wasn't such a cheap bastard I'd buy another one.
    kidturbo likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    I got beside one just like that, even same color, at the red light(s) yesterday. I don't know how many speeds it has but with and old man "grocery getter" driving it it went through several. It sounds just like pure sex and that snotty "stumble" it does between gears is nasty sounding. I rode beside him from the Tollroad to my house down Spring Creek, so I got to hear it go through the gears several times.
    emilsr likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by emilsr View Post
    Helluva car. Under appreciated in its day and still is. Ran across a guy in southern NM a few years ago with 120k miles on his and still tight as a drum. I've always been a big fan of the 911 but that's easily my second favorite Porsche.
    I failed to mention that happened on the way home....as in AFTER the concert. when I was higher than a giraffes pussy and had a few barley pops, Just for the record.

CHEERS BITCHES. The drinkin lamp is lit. Mill about smartly.

Boatless

Ignore User
    I got beside one just like that, even same color, at the red light(s) yesterday. I don't know how many speeds it has but with and old man "grocery getter" driving it it went through several. It sounds just like pure sex and that snotty "stumble" it does between gears is nasty sounding. I rode beside him from the Tollroad to my house down Spring Creek, so I got to hear it go through the gears several times.
    If it was a manual trans; 7 speeds.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    It sounded like it was auto to me, every shift was exact. 3-4 red lights and it was exact everytime.ie same shift point. He never built much RPM and it still snarled for the millisecond it was between gears. Over the top exotic sound. Old grey hair driving it. It was identical to that car. Red calipers and all. I think it was brand new.
    Last edited by hook'em; 03-13-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Check out the Big 10 retro square body $50k Chevy.

Charlie likes this.

Boatless

Ignore User
    It sounded like it was auto to me, every shift was exact. 3-4 red lights and it was exact everytime.ie same shift point. He never built much RPM and it still snarled for the millisecond it was between gears. Over the top exotic sound. Old grey hair driving it. It was identical to that car. Red calipers and all. I think it was brand new.
    PDK trans probably. One of those dual clutch deals. That may have 7 gears too...can't remember. Hard to believe those were air cooled fancy veedubs when they came out in '63.
    hook'em likes this.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by j21black View Post
    Someone in this group is going to buy a GTR in the near future...
    I am retarded, but mostly considering a Viper after the divorce.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post
    Still waiting for the heads to get done. Spoke with him a week or so ago. Said there on his list a couple more weeks............. You can't rush these old timers. They like to do a quality work, just not the fastest at it. I am hopping this or next week he gets them done.

Other wise I have a list of small things to get done to the boat, but all of them take between 5-20 mins each so not to motivated without a engine. Like hook up 12+ and ground to the VHF. I did buy 2 of those pacific aerials removable antennas. 1 for FM (1' antenna) & 1 for VHF(3.3' antenna). Mounted them in the same spot as you just one on each side of the boat. We will see if FM radio improves once out of the shed.
    Rob, I ran a splitter so that I only had to have one antenna. Truth be told the FM usually doesn't even need an antenna, I guess the coax lead is enough (thoughts Perry?). But back to the splitter, despite a lot of opinion to the contrary, it works great with no degradation of the VHF signal at all as far as I can tell. I went with a short antenna and in our boats it is not far off the water, but for boat to boat or boat to bridge/lock it is great. Note that VHF is "line of sight" communication so antenna height is very important if you want to talk over any distance. I mounted the antenna on the back of the passenger seat on the grab bar. Saved drilling a hole.

Name:  IMG_3488.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  102.8 KB
    hook'em and 92nsx like this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Yes. FM will work surprisingly well on the water. Just mainly saying a one foot antenna isn't close to the target length. Like I said, you'll be fine.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Jb. Dose Nest thermostats thingys also give you this report? Honeywell just started this.

Kind of cool. You can tell I was in the shed more in Feb.

EDIT: Photo sucks let me try and get a better one
    Attachment 68154
    It sends me an email once a month about usage. Not sure how to just check it using the app.
    92nsx likes this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    I am retarded, but mostly considering a Viper after the divorce.
    Fuck that. Spend the money on a bigger boat with a stabbin cabin.

Hook 2.0 in the making.
    lchauvin88 likes this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    So are we going to have a PBN refugee lights out party?
    BajaDan and INDAWIND like this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    The biggest thing I wanted to accomplish was have a usable VHF for Lake Superior. The handheld didn't cut the cheese. Straight line 1.5 miles and it failed radio check. So hopefully 25 W and taller antenna point will pass. Safe then sorry when boating on big open water. Short FM antenna was more or less a "why not" thing. I was already placing a order for the VHF stuff so spend another $50 and try it out.

On a side note. I may have a chance to buy some low priced 088 heads . (come off 500 HP carb, 300 hrs.) What is a good low ball offer on them? They should be complete minus the rockers. I know he will be needing money coming up here shortly to pay for his new heads. Yes same guy I bought the complete 1996 502 MPI from with 330 hours 3 years ago from for $1500 when he needed money for the headers for the 500 hp's
    Last edited by 92nsx; 03-14-2018 at 06:02 AM.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by j21black View Post
    Fuck that. Spend the money on a bigger boat with a stabbin cabin.

Hook 2.0 in the making.
    I would have to borrow your f450 to tow it every time LOL
    BajaDan likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    The biggest thing I wanted to accomplish was have a usable VHF for Lake Superior. The handheld didn't cut the cheese. Straight line 1.5 miles and it failed radio check. So hopefully 25 W and taller antenna point will pass. Safe then sorry when boating on big open water. Short FM antenna was more or less a "why not" thing. I was already placing a order for the VHF stuff so spend another $50 and try it out.

On a side note. I may have a chance to buy some low priced 088 heads . (come off 500 HP carb, 300 hrs.) What is a good low ball offer on them? They should be complete minus the rockers. I know he will be needing money coming up here shortly to pay for his new heads. Yes same guy I bought the complete 1996 502 MPI from with 330 hours 3 years ago from for $1500 when he needed money for the headers for the 500 hp's
    It's all going to work fine. I'm not sure about the VHF length but getting anything 3' - 5' above R the boat should make a huge difference. I also don't remember what wattage is considered "high power" but as you know, that completes the argument.

If he sold you a running 502 for $1500.....offer his ass a ham sammach for the heads. Daddy said, never make the first offer.

I tried to have a lights out party last night JB and none of you homos went along.
    92nsx likes this.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    High power is 25 watts and generally only used for distress broadcasts. Normal is 5 watts and most default to a low 1 watt setting, which is fine in most VHF (line of sight remember) instances.

With the 25 watt, you want heads at least a few feet away from the antenna (note that I have not told Denise this as you can tell judging by my antenna placement).

The big problem with ours is that you can't hear anything when moving due to the wind noise in the open cockpit. I need headphones/intercom/vhf/stereo/Bluetooth.
    hook'em likes this.