Page 1605 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 605 1105 1505 1555 1595 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 ... LastLast
Results 32,081 to 32,100 of 32155
Like Tree22745Likes

Thread: TBM Refugees

F-2 Speed Racer

Ignore User
    make sure you flow test the new injectors, Ive seen marginal spray patterns right out of the box.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Short-Bus View Post
    make sure you flow test the new injectors, Ive seen marginal spray patterns right out of the box.
    I've heard that also SB but not sure I would do it. I wouldn't even know who to ask. I have checked at all the local shops and they can't even clean them, much less flow them. You would think that injectors would be accurate but this does seem to keep coming up.
    Short-Bus likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Kefurrs guy can clean and flow them unless I misunderstood him the other night. Also BUP/John in Ft Worth apparently can too.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

F-2 Speed Racer

Ignore User
    then maybe I'll buy a machine and flow them myself........my buddy Smitty in MI. flow's them....when I rebuilt my 502's I sent them to a place in Houston called the Dr. Injector, they did a nice job and send flow sheets back.

Services - Doctor Injector
    hook'em and BajaDan like this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    That's interesting. I don't see the Houston location listed but they do offer "co-op" program. Let's talk about this next time you're drinkin.

I've been cramming on this car business with my padna the last couple of days. Think I'm bout ready to cram it up somebodies ass. Seems like you almost have to have polar opposite MO's in the same group to make it worth while.

Rodney wants me to be spending time building a group within his company that's focused on exclusive territory/certified install of Koroseal veneer his supplier is selling. No one qualified around here. But man I just can't get my head around having to fuck with that flavor employees again. He's already having hell manning these huge jobs because 75% of the work force can't pass a background check to work the job sites he's focused on.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

F-2 Speed Racer

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    That's interesting. I don't see the Houston location listed but they do offer "co-op" program. Let's talk about this next time you're drinkin. It was Houston but wrong link

I've been cramming on this car business with my padna the last couple of days. Think I'm bout ready to cram it up somebodies ass. Seems like you almost have to have polar opposite MO's in the same group to make it worth while. I told you this three weeks ago

Rodney wants me to be spending time building a group within his company that's focused on exclusive territory/certified install of Koroseal veneer his supplier is selling. No one qualified around here. But man I just can't get my head around having to fuck with that flavor employees again. He's already having hell manning these huge jobs because 75% of the work force can't pass a background check to work the job sites he's focused on.
    cant help with this one
    hook'em likes this.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    because 75% of the work force can't pass a background check to work the job sites he's focused on.
    Man, the stories I can tell.

Working in a foundry is hard work. But we start at $20-25 hr and you don't even have to have a high school degree. We put the help wanted signs up and get a couple hundred in a room. We say there will be a drug check. If you won't pass then leave because if you stay and don't pass, you will never be hired by us. Half the room leaves. Of the half that stay, half those fail the drug test (duh?). Of those that remain, we may want half those. Half of the group that starts that first day leaves at lunch never to be heard from again. By the end of the first week, you have perhaps 5 employees that may work out.

And the sad thing is that the cost of doing business (and I don't mean just labor, in a foundry, labor is only about 10% of the total cost) in America has gotten so expensive that most jobs are leaving for overseas so instead of making $20 per hour (a livable wage) you make $7.50 flipping burgers if you can get that job (not a livable wage).

Am I in favor of the tax overhaul to lower corporate taxes and make America more attractive to business? Bet your ass.
    hook'em likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    ^^^^ Insane.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    To clean / flow a injector = average I found $25 pr plus shipping. New ones $35.

China injector machine $500 . ( It isn't to complicated to open close the coil).

John said why spend 25 on cleaning each injector when you can buy new one from the same manufacture for 35??. They are no longer under contract from Merc. He worked out some sort of deal. Im still 50/50. I would like to buy the china machine, Another tool in the tool box. If you had it sitting there on your bench you would take the hour ot remove them and clean/flow test every off season.

As he said

"I don't fuck around with cleaned up, used or Reman parts. (kefurr's favorite parts are reman, LOL) . All it leads to is a unhappy customer when it fails. Now I look like a bad guy because they didn't want me to replace a $45 water hose and it blew apart. Yes my engines are expensive, but it is all brand new. The starter, flywheel, exhaust manifolds, valves, springs all the way down to injectors, sensors and the water and oil hoses. They are all brand new.." "Yes some other guys might rebuild a engine for 7k. Mine are 14k. Parts add up".
    I understand where he is coming from. But at the same time, Ill re-use a starter, alternator, senosrs, water hoses, ect. But again I can turn my own wrench to replace a hose that is leaking.

Last time I had my injectors cleaned... I got taken to the cleaner .

My bill was $350 for 8 of them. This why I always ask now before I just drop something off to have fixed or repaired. At $43+ each Ill buy new. And or just buy the china machine. All your doing is making sure the spray pattern is good and amount it flows in XX amount of time. Yes several places now advertise $25 each injector plus shipping.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Different options for different situations IMO.

In my case I wouldn't be looking for a 100% brand new everything. My boat has been maintained and I'm not aware of anything that's just worn out. Most everything has been replaced at some point as normal wear and tear and have always used top tier and/or Mercury new parts. I may have a couple of water hoses that are past prime for sure. Oil hoses I know are only 3-4 years old. I've got a broken one now on my trim pump.

But if you did have a mill that hadn't been maintained closely and run hard, never cleaned, had corrosion, no idea what's been done or what parts were used....that kinda deal I can see where a 100% new everything would be much more desirable.

I know I'd dayum shore rather have new injectors for an additional $80
    Kefurr and 92nsx like this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Ok then. Cheers bitches.

Stay hard.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Fucking Alabama. I should probably move again. Roll Tide has gone to everyone’s head.

ImageUploadedByPowerboat Nation1515727901.192056.jpg

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse, it does!

ImageUploadedByPowerboat Nation1515728191.296034.jpg
    92nsx likes this.

Boatless

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by j21black View Post
    Fucking Alabama. I should probably move again. Roll Tide has gone to everyone’s head.

ImageUploadedByPowerboat Nation1515727901.192056.jpg
    Good luck with that. As we were getting out of the cab here at the hotel the other night some drunk walked up to me, gave me a high 5 and said "Alabama won".
    BajaDan likes this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    It snowed today

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by emilsr View Post
    Good luck with that. As we were getting out of the cab here at the hotel the other night some drunk walked up to me, gave me a high 5 and said "Alabama won".
    I didn’t know Dan was with you???
    BajaDan likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    What's the temp differential in and out the boat shed?

I got 30 and 55.
    92nsx likes this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by emilsr View Post
    And your reply?
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    And your reply?
    Roll Tide?

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    What's the temp differential in and out the boat shed?

I got 30 and 55.
    This morning... 70 degrees differance between 5" of wall!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hook'em and BajaDan like this.