Page 1604 of 1697 FirstFirst ... 604 1104 1504 1554 1594 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1614 1654 ... LastLast
Results 32,061 to 32,080 of 33933
Like Tree24316Likes

Thread: TBM Refugees

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    John at The Bravo Shop. Way nice guy and a wealth of info. Found the piston issue isn't from blowing HG. He even knew what piston was bad. Its Mercs program in the MEFI3 ! At 4500 rpms 80% on map load.... Merc PULLS timing down to 22 degrees.

F-2 Speed Racer

Ignore User
    if thats the case ?? why didnt the other engine implode, they have the same tune........and the same tune as my engines in the 33 had and never had an issue

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    I was too wondering if the ECM is pulling timing then why would it only be effecting one specific cylinder? Mines MEFI 1, I don't think it does chit. LMAO.

F-2 Speed Racer

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    I was too wondering if the ECM is pulling timing then why would it only be effecting one specific cylinder? Mines MEFI 1, I don't think it does chit. LMAO.
    Ive read were the 502 mpi plenum runs lean on two cylinders compared to the others, guys have even put larger injectors in those two holes to compensate

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    You gonna fix mine, or am I gonna need to get nobody involved?
    BajaDan, MXBAJA421 and j21black like this.

F-2 Speed Racer

Ignore User
    sure..........check out my new avitar
    hook'em likes this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Short-Bus View Post
    if thats the case ?? why didnt the other engine implode, they have the same tune........and the same tune as my engines in the 33 had and never had an issue
    You were running stock tune on smith power. Hard to believe.

Chances are that same piston is also starting to crack on star engine. That what ever magic forces there is, spin out puts more strain on port engine/drive. Spin in more on star side.

I don't know the ins and out. But yes vst fuel rail sucks balls on the back 2 7 and 8 piston. Smaller hole to feed the injector. I have photos of my old one some where.

He also runs larger flow fuel pumps. Make the regulator do its job. Wot on them the engines don't last, back cylinders run leaner and in time takes its toll. Guys getting 7-800 hrs run them at 3500-4.
    Last edited by 92nsx; 01-10-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Sounds reasonable. I've never been one to pin the stick for very long. Lots of hours in that 3500-4K range.
    INDAWIND and 92nsx like this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    You gonna fix mine, or am I gonna need to get nobody involved?
    Oh that was fucking funny.
    Short-Bus likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    sure..........check out my new avitar
    LMFAO I see you playa. You're gonna get them Yankees all twisted outta shape. They've never seen BBQ like Hutchins is kickin out.
    Short-Bus likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Rock IIRC you hurt #3 or 5, right? But 7&8 are the suspect holes? Fill in the blanks....no pun intended.

Boatless

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post
    John at The Bravo Shop. Way nice guy and a wealth of info. Found the piston issue isn't from blowing HG. He even knew what piston was bad. Its Mercs program in the MEFI3 ! At 4500 rpms 80% on map load.... Merc PULLS timing down to 22 degrees.
    John P is one of the most knowledgeable guys you'll ever meet.
    92nsx likes this.

F-2 Speed Racer

Ignore User
    You were running stock tune on smith power. Hard to believe.

Chances are that same piston is also starting to crack on star engine. That what ever magic forces there is, spin out puts more strain on port engine/drive. Spin in more on star side.

I don't know the ins and out. But yes vst fuel rail sucks balls on the back 2 7 and 8 piston. Smaller hole to feed the injector. I have photos of my old one some where.

He also runs larger flow fuel pumps. Make the regulator do its job. Wot on them the engines don't last, back cylinders run leaner and in time takes its toll. Guys getting 7-800 hrs run them at 3500-4.
    my post is about my 33 ol with the 502's............im no expert

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    I'm skeered of my injectors. They're original and have pulled every gallon thats been thru her.

If I've got a skinny rail on 7 & 8 that ain't cool.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Entirely engine unrelated. In a discussion on Fb about a video with what seemed to be a ton of wasted Ammo from a Naval vessel at a drug runner boat, I remembered i took This pic. I spent two weeks machining the platform on LPD23 for This RAM launcher. Its radar and laser guided. Pretty cool toy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    hook'em and Kefurr like this.

Bayou Baja / Boss 272

Ignore User
    Ive read were the 502 mpi plenum runs lean on two cylinders compared to the others, guys have even put larger injectors in those two holes to compensate
    I’ve heard the stories also about in stock form one or two cylinders being lean. I also question the timing thing, timing affects all cylinders, I would think plenum / runner design and or fuel rail design would be more the issue .
    Our 502’s are multi port injection so it fires 4 injectors at a time
    I think the 496’s are sequential so the computer fires each injector individually
    My boat has 800 plus hours the engine from all I know about it is still running the original pistons.
    If I get time next week I’ll call Mark and see what he has to say about these issues and how he has my ecu setup
    hook'em, Short-Bus and BajaDan like this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Rob mentioned the VST fuel rail being skinny on the end. Is it different than cool fuel?

Bayou Baja / Boss 272

Ignore User

TBM Refugees

Rob mentioned the VST fuel rail being skinny on the end. Is it different than cool fuel?
    Not sure, merc does show the injectors being different part numbers
    Quick search and merc doesn’t show a part number for the rail on a vst system
    Found it different part numbers for the rail as well

F-2 Speed Racer

Ignore User
    Their both a POS

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Sounds reasonable. I've never been one to pin the stick for very long. Lots of hours in that 3500-4K range.
    As john said and I agree with. The engines he has seen get 7-800 hrs are guys running around at 3000-3500 rpms. The 502 rest where they put the hammer down. 4-500 hrs.

Rock IIRC you hurt #3 or 5, right? But 7&8 are the suspect holes? Fill in the blanks....no pun intended.
    Nope mine was #7. John knew what piston it was before I even told him. Also same piston as on the last 2 502's I chewed up

Name:  1504183566150.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  112.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by emilsr View Post
    John P is one of the most knowledgeable guys you'll ever meet.
    Very if you ask me. He sat down and we talked for 45 mins just about the 502 mpi yesterday. Im sure he has bigger thing to do, but very nice. Even said he would take me a tune in my computer for my spare one. Said he always needs them in the summer

As far as I know the Major defect one is on the VST. Cool fuel rail is improved. however I believe a issue is also wiht how it is fed. The "end of the line" injectors dont get the same amount of fuel and or pressure. Let me dig threw photo bucket nad email. I took photos of what I had to do on my last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefurr View Post
    I’ve heard the stories also about in stock form one or two cylinders being lean. I also question the timing thing, timing affects all cylinders, I would think plenum / runner design and or fuel rail design would be more the issue .
    Our 502’s are multi port injection so it fires 4 injectors at a time
    I think the 496’s are sequential so the computer fires each injector individually
    My boat has 800 plus hours the engine from all I know about it is still running the original pistons.
    If I get time next week I’ll call Mark and see what he has to say about these issues and how he has my ecu setup
    Batch fire vs new and improved sequential injection. Yes ask him about a the tune. Also what his cost will be to clean my tune up. John said his 502's he builds they all make 510-515 hp. Uses his cam (manifold exhaust friendly), his tune, larger fuel pump, (the rest is pretty miner. No intake works or stuff like that, In face Im buying new injectors from him when time comes. He has a killer price on them where is doesn't even pay to clean them

I'm carious what cam he came up with or is using.

Their both a POS

What is wrong with cool fuel. No real issues I know of besides the pump might be on the little weak side. Carbs suck
    Last edited by 92nsx; 01-11-2018 at 05:32 AM. Reason: wrong button
    hook'em likes this.