Page 1601 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 601 1101 1501 1551 1591 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 ... LastLast
Results 32,001 to 32,020 of 32154
Like Tree22744Likes

Thread: TBM Refugees

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    The '04 and '05 Duramax I put miles on didn't even have a plug. They were slow to build heat in really cold < 25*. They're both still running strong. 250k and 190k. Front end and steering parts besides normal stuff. Great trucks.
    They are hidden up by the passenger side battery. I ran a short extension cord up to the front bumper vent holes and zip tied it in there.
    The automatic high idle helps on the old ones, and sometimes id put a piece of cardboard over the grille.
    On the newer gm trucks, the high idle switch is an option, i had it on the denali, but they will idle up some without it anyways, and u had to set the ebrake or u couldnt engage it

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    The '04 and '05 Duramax I put miles on didn't even have a plug. They were slow to build heat in really cold < 25*. They're both still running strong. 250k and 190k. Front end and steering parts besides normal stuff. Great trucks.
    The 05, I put 1 ball joint, 2 hubs and 1 rear axle seal and then a water pump right before i sold it in '15. Not bad for an 11 year old truck with 134k miles, and all my trucks get used for pulling 90% of the time.

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    Ive always been told that if u have to glow plug a diesel its getting weak on compression. But thats typically on tractors and such, these new trucks probably have some sensor that tells it if its needed or not. When it was really cold, my 05 "pigtail" light would stay on a little longer than usual

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    Hook...u sure u want me over at bf?? Or have i already wore my welcome out here today?? Lol
    BajaDan likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    I believe we all appreciate your fellowship. Bow riders, GM nut swingers and Sooners are welcome......even tho I did beat your state down on BF earlier. Best get in there and defend yourself. LMFAO.

Cheers bitches.
    Aggiebob likes this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    I believe we all appreciate your fellowship. Bow riders, & awesome GM owners are welcome......even tho I did beat your state down on BF earlier. Best get in there and defend yourself. LMFAO.

Cheers bitches.
    There fixed it fur ya!!
    The sooners suck.....we will root for anyone that plays them. We are OSU fans and alumni. (I really dont like or watch sports, except womens beach volleyball, and my kids softball sometimes)
    The saying ive heard around here is....OSU fans went to school to get an education, ou fans went to walmart and bought a tshirt!
    -- sorry if thats not loyal to my state, but cant stand ou. And im not that outspoken about it, my wife would probably fight about it, she bashes ou all the time.
    hook'em likes this.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    The automatic high idle helps on the old ones,
    I thought only 6.0s did that. Every 6.0 Ive driven for work, and the one I owned, had hi idle Wired in, I did it Myself, trans in park and e Brake set. Works wonders when having to jump start equipment. Or warm up the cabin.

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    I thought only 6.0s did that. Every 6.0 Ive driven for work, and the one I owned, had hi idle Wired in, I did it Myself, trans in park and e Brake set. Works wonders when having to jump start equipment. Or warm up the cabin.
    I was talking about duramax's. Ive only had 1 powerstroke and it was a 7.3 and i had it about 1or 2 months before i got my 05 duramax. Kept the 7.3 about a year, but the duramax ran circles around it. The 05 would do it on its own, the '15 i had to set the ebrake and use cruise control or something to set it.
    I've worked on almost all of them, but dont know all the different functions on them all, but typically i just do collision related mechanical stuff with a few frame swaps here and there.

Bayou Baja / Boss 272

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    That is cool. My uncle Ken had a Bmw z3 had that electric Heater in it aswell. I dont recall the year late 90s or early 00s.

As much as id like a new diesel truck, a few factors just wont make sense for me. I have a company truck so the new rig would just do alot of sitting around, and with todays fuel systems and tolerances, Man i just think its Going to gum up and cost me some serious money to repair it. The next being the cost. Id priced a new 17 250 xl 6.7psd xcab 4wd add leather add nav and it was near 55k. Thats a helluva lotta dough for a base model rig. Those factors Just dont make smart Financial sense for me. If i drove everyday id say it was worth it. But weekend only, cant justify the cost, at least not on my Pay scale.
    Your making my dri-stack storage look like bargain!
    BajaDan likes this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Ford has glow plug technology's working. Jeff reported his 6.7 started this morning to go snowmobiling! -22 degrees. Said he is suprised the bitch started!
    BajaDan likes this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post
    Ford has glow plug technology's working. Jeff reported his 6.7 started this morning to go snowmobiling! -22 degrees. Said he is suprised the bitch started!
    You shouldn’t be surprised. I mean how many boats has it towed home in snow storms issue free? You were along for the ride and know how badass it is.

I bet he didn’t even have it plugged in.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by j21black View Post
    You shouldn’t be surprised. I mean how many boats has it towed home in snow storms issue free? You were along for the ride and know how badass it is.

I bet he didn’t even have it plugged in.
    Correct. Not plugged in. If It was plugged in there would be nothing to share. Snow storms, 6.7 = 1 boat. 7.3 = 1 boat
    BajaDan likes this.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    Man, some of those guys over there have so much garbage (ego booster?) going on in their post that a single word reply takes up half a page. Strange.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    ^^^^ I feel the same way. Maybe they will cool down but my guess is they won't. PBN for the win

Ignore User
    Dadgum, this football game has me tied in knots despite my best efforts. I hate being so involved in an event that I have no control over.

With all the coaching changes, early NFL departures and injuries, Alabama should not be expected to win. If they do, this (year) will probably be the best coaching job of Saban's career. Heck, it may be his best work even if they lose. I'd feel better if those two guys hadn't gotten hurt last week vs. Clemson. It has been a bad year for that.

I drank everything in the house this weekend. Denise said she would stop and pick up more supplies on the way home. It is going to be a long night.

What idiot schedules games on Monday night? What's wrong with Saturday afternoon college football?

Good to get one last rant in on PBN!

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    It's the first Monday of the season without MNF. It a ratings game. Quit yer whinin...

HOOKEM DAWGS
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Kefurr. Should i still get it ? Bahahahahaha
    Attached Images Attached Images

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Best lower unit attachment to keep your props from being damaged
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BajaDan, INDAWIND and 92nsx like this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Go Dawgs!!

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by j21black View Post
    Go Dawgs!!
    Boy. You and I are just going to have a hard time with this aren't we? Last week you were pulling for Clemson. You got no loyalty, you got no backbone, you are in Arkansas of all places.

I'm just going to have to sic Miss Denise on you, you poor delusional sod buster.

When your ship comes in, you'll be at the airport.