Page 1600 of 1697 FirstFirst ... 600 1100 1500 1550 1590 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1610 1650 ... LastLast
Results 31,981 to 32,000 of 33933
Like Tree24316Likes

Thread: TBM Refugees

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User

TBM Refugees

The element on mine was a $75 upcharge, assuming it has a plug. I’ve never looked.

I heard the 18’s are are $90 upgrade from a friend who just ordered one.

I’ve never plugged either of my Diesels in.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    My number? My number is closely guarded as it is a valuable (public service) asset. You may be the only one on this site who doesn't have it. LMFAO

21 fo two one 5 thirty one 43.

I'm kicking around this same idea you have. "We" already have a lot in Tyler, but I'm looking for that angle. I also have a trusted contact in the highest end of high end pre owned market nation wide. He's got a bad ass lucrative business plan that's been in play for years and he's looking to slow down. We need to talk anyway. Text me first as I don't answer random calls (if your name doesn't show up)

Ross we need your number too if you care to share. Lt Dan is the only "group texter" in the crew. JS.
    92nsx likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Hook...ill get over there on bf and get an account, maybe this weekend.
    Im probably going to have to get a fb and twitter account if my car deal goes thru, but i might have someone else do that crap for me.
    I'm on Twitter @perryhavens but don't tweet much. I'll never be on FB, just ain't my jams. I lurk the hell out of it tho.

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    Message sent!

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    I grew up working for John Gary Collins, hes an auto auctioneer and he's done a bunch of the big oklahoma and texas auctions. If you dont know him, he's a good guy to know in the car business.
    His boy, thats my little brothers age, has a little local lot. I was talking to John the other day about the car business and he said the guys in dallas are just using warehouses and that most of the business is internet anymore. I believe it, cause ive sold a ton of big money stuff just off of CL
    hook'em likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    I agree.

I've got a business partner (since 1991) that went and got all the licensing and insurance including the auction credentials a little over a year ago. He's running the (20 unit) lot in Tyler as an demographic experiment. We may have found a nitch there but we don't want to get in the "tote the note" business currently. We are committed thru May on the lot but I'm sure we'll be shifting gears at that point. Folks are currently in place to assume those operations at that point.

Also having the transport connection handled in house has to give us an advantage buying random units.
    MillerTime likes this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    I'm on Twitter @perryhavens but don't tweet much. I'll never be on FB, just ain't my jams. I lurk the hell out of it tho.
    Let’s not kid ourselves. Lurking is no different than being a full fledged member.

There are no silent cheerleaders on Facebook.
    92nsx likes this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Oh I beg to differ young grasshopper. Watching others embarrassing themselves publicly is way different than putting your business in the street. I do plenty enough of both here. It's surely in my best interest that TBM and this thread aren't widely available to the masses.
    emilsr likes this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    Hey guys, particularly you Yankees, have you ever had any experiences with a free standing wood burning fireplace (or stove)? I was looking at these and thought it might be a good option as a retrofit. We like our fires.
    Pros and cons
    Pro,
    FREE to run saying you have access to free wood. So easy a cave man, (Literally) can do it . Nothing beats a natural fire. The smell, sound & look

Con.
    Maintenance. Cleaning flue every year sucks, need some where to dump the ashes. Makes a mess. Storing and stacking wood year round. Dries out the air. Need to put pot of water on to to keep some humidity in the air. Insurance company's "love them" in the way of charging you high premiums.

Most of the cons are eliminated if it is a couple times a month thing. I still know quite a few people that their main source of heat in the winter is burning wood. Remember the FREE thing.

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    I agree.

I've got a business partner (since 1991) that went and got all the licensing and insurance including the auction credentials a little over a year ago. He's running the (20 unit) lot in Tyler as an demographic experiment. We may have found a nitch there but we don't want to get in the "tote the note" business currently. We are committed thru May on the lot but I'm sure we'll be shifting gears at that point. Folks are currently in place to assume those operations at that point.

Also having the transport connection handled in house has to give us an advantage buying random units.
    Excise tax is killing me, and the fact that people want too much for their junk cars so its hard for me to get fixer-uppers that i can make anything on, so i need access to dealer auctions. I have 4-5 units at the house ready to sell right now and 4 bank owned repos im storing till they get title work done. Right now, i have to put everything in my name and then transfer it when i sell. OK upped their exise tax last july to 4.5% from 3.25% and that all adds up and cuts profit margins a bunch
    hook'em likes this.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by j21black View Post
    The element on mine was a $75 upcharge, assuming it has a plug. I’ve never looked.
    On the front grill toward the bottom under the badge.

The Ford 6.7 is a water (coolant) heater, not a block heater.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    On the front grill toward the bottom under the badge.

The Ford 6.7 is a water (coolant) heater, not a block heater.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPowerboat Nation1515182618.151382.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  576.0 KB
    BajaDan and 92nsx like this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    It is a up charge for a mandatory needed item on a diesel. Ford always finds a way it seems to amaze me Bahahaha

Dmax, it is included when you click the $10K diesel option
    MillerTime likes this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User

TBM Refugees

Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post
    It is a up charge for a mandatory needed item on a diesel. Ford always finds a way it seems to amaze me Bahahaha

Dmax, it is included when you click the $10K diesel option
    Please Rob, tell me why it’s mandatory? I’ve never used one.

My guess is Chevy needs it when it gets old outside.
    92nsx likes this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPowerboat Nation1515188301.419932.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  95.1 KB

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User
    All i can say is my duramax ownership over the past 10 years has put money in my pocket.
    Now granted im probably an exception to the rule on ownership of vehicles and equipment, but having awesome roi helps me afford decently nice things with a moderate single income for our family.

That ford in the snow.....that guys a dumbass. I bet he had a dodge with a single 12"stack sticking out his bed before he got that nice truck.
    hook'em, Charlie and 92nsx like this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Message sent!
    My bad Luke, you had told me that.

Advantage Victory 28 BR

Ignore User

Crap, almost all the 6.0 guys around here plug their trucks in if it drops below like 50°.
    Honestly Fords are 10 times better than dodge/ram, but most of the guys i know that have ford diesels, except for the 7.3, have had tons of issues.
    I think they look good, and run good, but ill stick with what i know and knowing all the guys at gm dealers helps too if i have an issue.

By best friend had to give his '11 f250 6.7 away last summer, cause he was, no joke, going broke having to work on it. He was having to have the company pay the bill, and then take it out of his check. The final straw was the turbo going out at just over 100k miles.
    Another buddy had 3 trucks all 6.0 diesels. A f250, f450 and f550. One month all 3 were in the shop and i think he spent over $20k on them. A couple months later he sold them all....and then bought another 6.0???? And then his wife a 6.0 excursion. At least now he has a 16 f250 6.7.
    Honestly i don't care what other people own, but its funny when i sell a gm, a ton of dodge guys call and ask if i will take thier trucks on trade...ah no!!

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    The '04 and '05 Duramax I put miles on didn't even have a plug. They were slow to build heat in really cold < 25*. They're both still running strong. 250k and 190k. Front end and steering parts besides normal stuff. Great trucks.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User

It must be an option on Chevys, cause like I said no plug and you know they need something up in the frozen North.