Page 1598 of 1697 FirstFirst ... 598 1098 1498 1548 1588 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1608 1648 ... LastLast
Results 31,941 to 31,960 of 33933
Like Tree24316Likes

Thread: TBM Refugees

  1. #31941
    PBN User 92nsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Clearwater, Mn
    Posts
    2,271
    33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    I had seant that. I believe they are enjoying our invasion.
    I believe they are also. But time is the test. You guys still my bff's Bahahahaha.

  2. #31942
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    694
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Crap. Now I'm going to need a new screen name

  3. #31943
    PBN User 92nsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Clearwater, Mn
    Posts
    2,271
    33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's


    Ignore User
    Stick to the orginal. Other wise no one will know you.

    Shit im on the orignal from 1999 or 2000. When i first bought my 1992 nsx and internet was popular. (Hint the name 92nsx). Wish i had that car still

  4. #31944
    PBN User Hobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    541
    2002 Daytona 23ZF


    Ignore User
    sooo.... I signed up and been circling for an hour. Not really sure where to land. Doesn't quite feel like home. Any suggestions?
    92nsx likes this.

  5. #31945
    PBN User j21black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Slapout, Alabama
    Posts
    6,385
    2007 277 Baja Islander


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    Crap. Now I'm going to need a new screen name
    Why? I use the same one everywhere

  6. #31946
    PBN User j21black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Slapout, Alabama
    Posts
    6,385
    2007 277 Baja Islander


    Ignore User

    TBM Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobe View Post
    sooo.... I signed up and been circling for an hour. Not really sure where to land. Doesn't quite feel like home. Any suggestions?
    Ask Mike what he thinks about “Grannies and Trannies” or whatever you said your first daily internet read was.
    Hobe and Kefurr like this.

  7. #31947
    PBN Charter Member Kefurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    D'Iberville MS
    Posts
    3,287
    Bayou Baja / Boss 272


    Ignore User

    TBM Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobe View Post
    sooo.... I signed up and been circling for an hour. Not really sure where to land. Doesn't quite feel like home. Any suggestions?
    Here’s where JB has our group of misfits over on boatfreaks

    The ask Mike thread is like an alter ego for TBM refugees
    You’ll love it
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPowerboat Nation1515117752.020661.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  13.5 KB

  8. #31948
    PBN User MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    329
    Advantage Victory 28 BR


    Ignore User
    A quick question....
    I haven't signed up at boat freaks do i know i cant see much, but are they a pretty active forum?
    I have been creeping on oso for a year or so as OKMillertime since MT was already taken, but have never posted and haven't been a paying member there yet. Im just wanting to learn and hear crap about boats and maybe bs a little!
    Just tryin to figure it all out and not look at 15 different places when i got a minute here and there to look

  9. #31949
    PBN User MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    329
    Advantage Victory 28 BR


    Ignore User
    But if theres any of that effin fester crap.....im out!!!
    hook'em and INDAWIND like this.

  10. #31950
    PBN User j21black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Slapout, Alabama
    Posts
    6,385
    2007 277 Baja Islander


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    A quick question....
    I haven't signed up at boat freaks do i know i cant see much, but are they a pretty active forum?
    I have been creeping on oso for a year or so as OKMillertime since MT was already taken, but have never posted and haven't been a paying member there yet. Im just wanting to learn and hear crap about boats and maybe bs a little!
    Just tryin to figure it all out and not look at 15 different places when i got a minute here and there to look
    The off topic section seems to move quickly, but it may be just because we are post whores.
    MillerTime likes this.

  11. #31951
    PBN User 92nsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Clearwater, Mn
    Posts
    2,271
    33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's


    Ignore User
    Good morning refugees
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  12. #31952
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    694
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post
    Stick to the orginal. Other wise no one will know you.

    Shit im on the orignal from 1999 or 2000. When i first bought my 1992 nsx and internet was popular. (Hint the name 92nsx). Wish i had that car still
    I had been curious if your sn was a car reference, or initials of a name.
    92nsx likes this.

  13. #31953
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    694
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by j21black View Post
    Why? I use the same one everywhere
    Me too, just figured I'd try something different.

    Besides I cant even come up with a name for my boat...

  14. #31954
    PBN User BajaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,354
    "Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobe View Post
    sooo.... I signed up and been circling for an hour. Not really sure where to land. Doesn't quite feel like home. Any suggestions?
    I feel the same at this point Hobe. BoatFreaks has a lot of chit chat, but I'm not seeing much boating discussion. Perhaps I will warm up to it. I guess we are there for the time being anyway.

    Comedy is fun, but only to a point. If I really need a good laugh I just go look in a mirror.
    INDAWIND likes this.

  15. #31955
    PBN User BajaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,354
    "Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    Besides I cant even come up with a name for my boat...
    Hey, it took me 5 or 6 years to name our boat. Don't force it, the right one will come along.

    And whatever you do, don't ask Hook to name it.
    92nsx likes this.

  16. #31956
    PBN User BajaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,354
    "Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander


    Ignore User
    Technical question.

    JB and I were talking offline the other day about diesel block heaters. Monday morning it was 12 degrees when I went to start the truck. It started right up but did run rough for few minutes. I had totally forgotten about the block heater when JB mentioned it. Well at 25 degrees it is a totally normal start so I'm figuring not a big deal. But last night it went to 17 so I figured I would try it. I really didn't know what to expect but when I went out to the truck this morning I guess I was expecting to see the temperature gauge at least off the peg but it was not. The truck started right up and I do believe it warmed up faster, so perhaps the block heater did some good. At 1000 watts though, I guess I was expecting to see a bigger difference.

    Is this normal for block heaters? Is mine doing anything?

    And on that note, what is the glow plug technology these days? The 6.7 starts like a gas engine (instantly) even in this cold weather.

  17. #31957
    PBN User hook'em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    11,692
    Boss 272/502


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    I feel the same at this point Hobe. BoatFreaks has a lot of chit chat, but I'm not seeing much boating discussion. Perhaps I will warm up to it. I guess we are there for the time being anyway.

    Comedy is fun, but only to a point. If I really need a good laugh I just go look in a mirror.
    Keep in mind lots of those guys are up north and if you haven't noticed it's cold during the dark months. I have to assume that's one reason PBN traffic is what it is. No "boating talk" and the guys see this thread but don't feel part of the club.

    OSO is the clear "winner" for powerboat swap shop and tech forum chatter. Nothing new there. I thought we were looking for a place to "shoot the chit" and not have every eye in the game grading our drunk posting/hijack/post whore/refugee musings?

    Miller, You should come over (BF) so we don't lose contact but OSO is where you need to be for your hardcore offshore feed. BTW Fester ain't there...yet.
    92nsx and MillerTime like this.

  18. #31958
    PBN User hook'em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    11,692
    Boss 272/502


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    Hey, it took me 5 or 6 years to name our boat. Don't force it, the right one will come along.

    And whatever you do, don't ask Hook to name it.
    So, true to the manual....the engineer has NO CREATIVE MOJO.....yet I'm the one that gets kicked in the nuts for sharing my creative genius, completely free of charge

    Don't be mad Lt. we are always stronger as a team. You can be the leader on weekends, if Denise will let you and ride shotgun if you've got lunch money for the driver.
    Kefurr likes this.

  19. #31959
    PBN User 92nsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Clearwater, Mn
    Posts
    2,271
    33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    Technical question.

    JB and I were talking offline the other day about diesel block heaters. Monday morning it was 12 degrees when I went to start the truck. It started right up but did run rough for few minutes. I had totally forgotten about the block heater when JB mentioned it. Well at 25 degrees it is a totally normal start so I'm figuring not a big deal. But last night it went to 17 so I figured I would try it. I really didn't know what to expect but when I went out to the truck this morning I guess I was expecting to see the temperature gauge at least off the peg but it was not. The truck started right up and I do believe it warmed up faster, so perhaps the block heater did some good. At 1000 watts though, I guess I was expecting to see a bigger difference.

    Is this normal for block heaters? Is mine doing anything?

    And on that note, what is the glow plug technology these days? The 6.7 starts like a gas engine (instantly) even in this cold weather.
    The newer 6.7's should be good till about 10 - 0 degrees Probably even colder. Ford engineering spent a lot of time / testing on designing the systems. I'm sure the glow plugs are big/makes lots of heat is why it starts so fast. Time is money, aint no one got time to sit and wait for glow plugs to warm up . Glow plug is just a ceramic heater like the ceramic igniter in your furnace. You just have higher power ones. Farm truck total glow plug system IIRC is only 25 amps. (25/8 = 3 amps each cylinder of pre heat. Yours might be 5, 6, 7 amps each. more amps the hotter/quicker it heats up

    Now the block heater is always a good thing to use in the winter time / cold ass temps. Diesel ignites due to pressure / heat. No heat, no boom, no start. Warm engine block helps it out. IIRC they only heat the coolant/ engine up to about 80-100 degrees. So yes the gauge should be still on low but should heat up hella fast once started. Old systems like farm truck. If you don't have them plugged in and it gets to 20 or colder you might as well get your ass a bus pass to go anywhere.
    hook'em, BajaDan and j21black like this.

  20. #31960
    PBN User hook'em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    11,692
    Boss 272/502


    Ignore User
    I had a GMC Jimmy (K5 Blazer) as a company truck back in the day. Brand new loaded out '87 with the Diesel. What a POS. It had to be plugged in or "F you" and the glow plugs had to be on for several seconds even in mild temps.

    George bought me that truck because I towed a 30' box trailer most everyday full of heavy ass custom cabinets either goin in million dollar mansions or high end dental clinics. That thing SUCKED as a tow rig. That short wheel base.......ummmm HELL NO. And it wasn't any fun when running bob tail either. Early GM Diesel....total FAIL.
    92nsx likes this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •