Page 1576 of 1586 FirstFirst ... 576 1076 1476 1526 1566 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 ... LastLast
Results 31,501 to 31,520 of 31714
Like Tree22387Likes

Thread: TBM Refugees

  1. #31501
    PBN Charter Member hook'em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    11,016
    Boss 272/502


    Ignore User
    V is his Cadilliac CTS-V. Like he said, Detroits best ever.

    That's the Opti Max 250. 2 stroke Leroy, She's got attitude.

    image.jpeg

    And my old 175 Mariner Mag Rocket spraying a nice tail.

    image.jpg
    92nsx likes this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

    Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

  2. #31502
    PBN Charter Member BajaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,107
    "Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    V is his Cadilliac CTS-V. Like he said, Detroits best ever.
    Oh yeah, I gotcha now. The old fart Corvette!

  3. #31503
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    478
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    V is his Cadilliac CTS-V. Like he said, Detroits best ever.

    That's the Opti Max 250. 2 stroke Leroy, She's got attitude.

    image.jpeg

    And my old 175 Mariner Mag Rocket spraying a nice tail.

    image.jpg
    Never was a fishing boat man, I like a sport cruiser, which is why I shopped for a bow rider.

    However, if I had a fishing boat I'd want something like the 280 (?) That Baja builds, CC, with some muscular outboards to run in the gulf and fish the snapper, tuna etc. I just couldn't budget fuel for a boat with twin Verados on back. Much less 7 Marine. Also i believe the CC boat Baja built only has twin 150hp on it and for me, thats just not enough, especially if Im running 60miles out from land.

  4. #31504
    PBN Charter Member hook'em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    11,016
    Boss 272/502


    Ignore User
    I don't recall the 280 SF having twins. The only one I've been around had a single 200 and was a dog.

    Hobies rig is perfect IMO. Those 150 Opti's are great motors and not too bad on fuel if the sticks aren't smashed to the dash. I'm sure the Donzi runs better with twin 150's vs a 300 Verado.

    I've been 25 miles off Port A Texas in a 26' CC with a single 235 OMC Ocean Runner. I can't lie, I was thinkin about that motor as much as I was the fishing. My buddy, Bullet Bob Dixon is an "older guy." When we crossed the jetty and I asked him where the chart plotter was....I was about half miffed at him because...."aw hell, we don't need it. We're fishing the rigs." Ya well I don't GAF what we're fishing. There's NEVER a good reason to leave the fuggin GPS at the house. Especially when we're going that far off shore. I paid close attention to the compass heading out to the first rig so I'd have a reverse heading for return, if his ass had a heart attack or fell over board. I bitched him out pretty good over it. Sure enough he put me at the helm for the inbound trip and then made a point that we were fine without the electronics because I drove it straight to the jetty. But that only happened because I was paying close attention to begin with...and that's not my first time on helm watch.
    Last edited by hook'em; 1 Week Ago at 09:38 AM.
    BajaDan likes this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

    Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

  5. #31505
    PBN Charter Member Kefurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    D'Iberville MS
    Posts
    3,140
    Bayou Baja / Boss 272


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    I don't recall the 280 SF having twins. The only one I've been around had a single 200 and was a dog.

    Hobies rig is perfect IMO. Those 150 Opti's are great motors and not too bad on fuel if the sticks aren't smashed to the dash. I'm sure the Donzi runs better with twin 150's vs a 300 Verado.

    I've been 25 miles off Port A Texas in a 26' CC with a single 235 OMC Ocean Runner. I can't lie, I was thinkin about that motor as much as I was the fishing. My buddy, Bullet Bob Dixon is an "older guy." When we crossed the jetty and I asked him where the chart plotter was....I was about half miffed at him because...."aw hell, we don't need it. We're fishing the rigs." Ya well I don't GAF what we're fishing. There's NEVER a good reason to leave the fuggin GPS at the house. Especially when we're going that far off shore. I paid close attention to the compass heading out to the first rig so I'd have a reverse heading for return, if his ass had a heart attack or fell over board. I bitched him out pretty good over it. Sure enough he put me at the helm for the inbound trip and then made a point that we were fine without the electronics because I drove it straight to the jetty. But that only happened because I was paying close attention to begin with...and that's not my first time on helm watch.
    Looks like at least some years offered twins

    http://media.channelblade.com/boat_g...69/31036_f.pdf

    What hull do you think that is?
    I’ve always heard the 340sf is the 33 outlaw hull

  6. #31506
    PBN Charter Member Short-Bus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,727
    F-2 Speed Racer


    Ignore User
    looks like a 26 OL with an OB swim deck =28'

  7. #31507
    PBN User 92nsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Clearwater, Mn
    Posts
    1,997
    33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    Oh yeah, I gotcha now. The old fart Corvette!
    Corvette owners wear jean shorts
    Last edited by 92nsx; 1 Week Ago at 02:32 PM. Reason: typed to fast

  8. #31508
    PBN Charter Member hook'em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    11,016
    Boss 272/502


    Ignore User
    What year is that slicky from Kefurr? Was the boat ever "updated?"

    I too have always heard the 340 SF and the 33 OL shared a bottom. The 280 was well ahead of the 26 Liner model. Maybe the 26 OL was splashed off the 280 SF. I don't remember the 28 having such hard square lines. I'm going to fetch the brochure I've got and have a look see.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

    Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

  9. #31509
    PBN Charter Member hook'em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    11,016
    Boss 272/502


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post
    Corvette owners ware jean shorts
    Ya but they can spell and construct readable sentences. lmfao (wear was the word you were lookin for)

    But you can build a hell of a shed, so there's that......
    Last edited by hook'em; 1 Week Ago at 11:39 AM.
    BajaDan and 92nsx like this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

    Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

  10. #31510
    PBN Charter Member Short-Bus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,727
    F-2 Speed Racer


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post
    Corvette owners ware jean shorts
    And socks and sandals............kids Okay, grown men Gay as Fk............
    92nsx likes this.

  11. #31511
    PBN Charter Member hook'em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Posts
    11,016
    Boss 272/502


    Ignore User
    Don't be hatin. We can't all be trend setters, little buddy.

    I'll be, I'd forgotten the 25. Even it was offered with twins. Looks like the 280 is its own design. To me the 340 and the 250 have similar lines especially around the transom. 280 is as square as JB's noggin.

    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

    This is the 2002 sales brochure. The way the pix work out the description in the frame is of the other boat, if you smell what I'm cookin.
    Last edited by hook'em; 1 Week Ago at 12:02 PM.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

    Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

  12. #31512
    PBN Charter Member BajaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,107
    "Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander


    Ignore User
    That 250 is just not an attractive boat. I like the 280 looks though. That is an extreme rearward cockpit placement. Probably makes for a nice ride.

    The 340 would be great if you could handle that big a boat (on the hard).

  13. #31513
    PBN Charter Member Kefurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    D'Iberville MS
    Posts
    3,140
    Bayou Baja / Boss 272


    Ignore User
    Do you think the 280 in Hook’em brochure is a 277 Hull?

  14. #31514
    PBN Charter Member BajaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,107
    "Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander


    Ignore User
    Is a 277 a 26OL? Baja seemed to have a large number of unique hulls, which surprises me. If it were not for that, I would say yes. Common parts would be a lot more economical.

    What was that OB Baja we saw at Robertson Island a few years back?

    I've got a picture somewhere.

  15. #31515
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    478
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Ok so the 280 isn't what I was talking about. The 340 looks close. But Thats not it either. Once i find a pic ill post it.

  16. #31516
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    478
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    So for the life of me i cant find the boat. The closest Ive found is This pic of a 340 sportfish, Which would work aswell Haha.

    But what Im referring to is smaller, has exact same forward leaning tower, but has 150s on back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #31517
    PBN Charter Member Kefurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    D'Iberville MS
    Posts
    3,140
    Bayou Baja / Boss 272


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    So for the life of me i cant find the boat. The closest Ive found is This pic of a 340 sportfish, Which would work aswell Haha.

    But what Im referring to is smaller, has exact same forward leaning tower, but has 150s on back.
    Probably the later 280 (like Hook’em posted)
    Early ones had the straight transom later ones looked like the 340
    BajaDan and lchauvin88 like this.

  18. #31518
    PBN Charter Member BajaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,107
    "Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander


    Ignore User
    If you guys want to pitch in and put a 340 under my Christmas tree for me, fell free to do so.

    A quick glance through Boattrader is pretty informative. People seem to think those are worth a lot.
    92nsx and lchauvin88 like this.

  19. #31519
    PBN Charter Member BajaDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,107
    "Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander


    Ignore User
    I guess the trick would be for Rob to find the one 340 that was sold in Wisconsin and has not spent its entire life on an exposed lift in Miami.
    92nsx likes this.

  20. #31520
    PBN User lchauvin88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    478
    03 Baja Islander 242


    Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    If you guys want to pitch in and put a 340 under my Christmas tree for me, fell free to do so.

    A quick glance through Boattrader is pretty informative. People seem to think those are worth a lot.
    Ill Take one aswell.
    Although i dont know how well the Lightning will fare towing it. Sure its heavier than my 242.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •