Page 1564 of 1570 FirstFirst ... 564 1064 1464 1514 1554 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 ... LastLast
Results 31,261 to 31,280 of 31389
Like Tree22064Likes

Thread: TBM Refugees

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    Who's doing the work and what is "Stage 3"?

I love going slow.
    INDAWIND likes this.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    Put it on your Christmas list. What are you getting me?
    How's some of your favorite beer? Leave the blue 525 under my tree and I'll leave beer for you!
    BajaDan likes this.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by 92nsx View Post
    Mixed feelings on the 525. Yes I would love to own 2 of them. But the maintenance cost is threw the roof. 10-15 hr on engine oil. Drive oil 10-15 hrs. Drives (the XR's ) only last 150-200 hrs, some less. $10K header replacement, besides the alarms we had.

Tuesday we just got news back on the Jeff's drives. Both are gonzo!!!!! 1 is destroyed, the one we broke and knew it. George said it was a matter of seconds before that drive would have been hanging by the tie bar. The other (star side) he said were lucky it isn't in pieces and still turned the prop.! He is now going all in and having them ungraded at the same time to "stage 3" so they stay together.
    Sounds like racecar stuff. Never mind LOL!

Now a forged twin turbo 496/502 I could live with. Turbos help fuel economy right? After all Ford calls it ecoBOOST. BAJAHAHA

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Sad news in the Keys.....again. Awful.
    92nsx likes this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    Sad news in the Keys.....again. Awful.
    Well, fill us in! What's going on? Obviously I'm the last to know.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Who's doing the work and what is "Stage 3"?

I love going slow.
    George. All American Drive. He is the man if you ask me / us here. He has build several drives for our group. Including the Bravos that are behind the 43 scarab with 950's. Yes 950 hp, wipple charged 557's running threw a Bravo! Well only thing left is pretty much the bravo case

He is the man the pretty much designed and made the IMCO drives and internals. Very nice guy, wealth of knowledge and easy to talk to. In fact he took care of all the insurance work also.

Greg (43 Scarab) and George have been working the last few years trying to install larger gears in the bravo housing. My shop was going to do the finial machining. How ever that project has been put on the back burner. There isn't much extra room in the bravo cases with out sacrificing strength and the industry is extremity busy ( as we have all seen and know).

Here is off his web site,
    The X Mod Phase Three Rebuild Package adds more strength and reliability into the Phase Two package with the addition of: XR gear sets and reinforced steel ribbed top cap. The Phase Three package also gets all critical internal components Cryogenically treated for more strength and better wear. The AADS Phase Three Precision Rebuild Package is covered by a Two Year Warranty

Main thing is Cyro treating.

If you want to learn more of his other stages of upgrades

Hi-Performance
    BajaDan and Kefurr like this.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Well, fill us in! What's going on? Obviously I'm the last to know.
    Joe From Outerlimits. He Bought the company form Mike when he passed.(happened to be with mike in the 14' crash also) He died on the poker run yesterday. His new 50 V bottom rolled in the poker run. Was very critical condition. Helicopter picked him up on a bridge and his condition got worse on in the chopper. Didnt make it to the hospital

Derek, a Local boater is down there on the poker run. He took this photo 2 min before it rolled. He didn't even know that happened till i asked if that was Joe's boat

EDIT: A couple other photos he took. He is on Nitro Cat.

Last edited by 92nsx; 1 Week Ago at 08:48 AM.
    hook'em and MXBAJA421 like this.

Ignore User
    Joe From Outerlimits. He Bought the company form Mike when he passed.(happened to be with mike in the 14' crash also) He died on the poker run yesterday. His new 50 V bottom rolled in the poker run. Was very critical condition. Helicopter picked him up on a bridge and his condition got worse on in the chopper. Didnt make it to the hospital

Derek, a Local boater is down there on the poker run. He took this photo 2 min before it rolled. He didn't even know that happened till i asked if that was Joe's boat
    Thanks for the news Rob.

Didn't I just mention that I like going slow? I'm liking it more and more.
    92nsx likes this.

Ignore User

That water is so calm... Of course there is that big cruiser going by out there at max wake speed. I am shocked at the wakes those things (and even worse, the big sport fish boats that look like they run in a 10-15 degree bow up attitude) make. Who knows. It probably doesn't take much at 100+.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    ^^^ Story I heard. He turned around at the card stop, or something along those lines and kept going or just wanted to drive the boat more since there was a line or something. That is when it rolled. Again just vague/ non confirmed info I heard.

My guess is big wave/ miss read the water and hit wave side ways. It takes a lot to roll a V bottom. 100's of boats on the poker run so it probable don't take much to make a washing machine of waves. Reminds me of Tim when he rolled his 29 a few years back up here. He is very lucky he is alive when rolled and went eject-O-seat-O. That was at 70-75 mph.

I still get shaken thinkin' about it. To this day have no idea how Amanda, first time ever driving the 33, got me 2 foot away to his boat so I could jump over to re gain control of it. She nailed it perfect, put the 33 in reverse once I was on and went to assist slowing other boats down wile we fished Tim out of the river.
    hook'em, BajaDan and Kefurr like this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Thanks for the news Rob.

Didn't I just mention that I like going slow? I'm liking it more and more.
    Yes, your comment was almost spooky.

Incredibly sad deal for the powerboat family and especially Outter Limits.

I had read that Stu was concerned about storm debris around the islands, chartered a sea plane and flew the course last week. The middle keys were hit hard and no doubt lots of debris was washed in the water. I'm thinking most of it wound up on the bay or gulf side. Report I read said the boat was 1/4 mile off shore from the (33rd St.?) ramp in Marathon. It's extremely shallow around the area and especially on the gulf side where he was running. Leads me to believe he may have hit something submerged, like a dumpster or something similar. What makes a brand new 50' powerboat capsize? Sea conditions shouldn't have been an issue that close to shore on the gulf side. Mechanical failure seems would be way down the list on a brand new boat. Report noted it was a high speed accident. Hitting a dumpster or shipping container at 100 mph....might do it. Also makes me wonder how Joe had severe facial injuries and the other three got out in much better shape....unless he hit something and it threw him into the dash. Hate to speculate and I apologize if it offends anyone just can't help but wonder. RIP to another industry legend.
    BajaDan, Kefurr and 92nsx like this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    Nitro Cat is a kewl lookin rig. MTI? Looks like she's got hips but hard to tell with the paint/reflection.

I saw a pic of the white boat upside down. Floating flat surprisingly normal attitude with no obvious apparent damage (edit; starboard side). Do closed cockpit boat have seat belts? Hard to imagine any wave around that area upsetting a 50' OL. Also read this might have been a maiden voyage ride along with a new customer. Maybe Joe was a passenger.

Wasn't this the second accident in as many days?
    Last edited by hook'em; 1 Week Ago at 11:24 AM.
    92nsx likes this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by hook'em View Post
    Nitro Cat is a kewl lookin rig. MTI? Looks like she's got hips but hard to tell with the paint/reflection.

I saw a pic of the white boat upside down. Floating flat surprisingly normal attitude with no obvious apparent damage (edit; starboard side). Do closed cockpit boat have seat belts? Hard to imagine any wave around that area upsetting a 50' OL. Also read this might have been a maiden voyage ride along with a new customer. Maybe Joe was a passenger.

Wasn't this the second accident in as many days?
    Yep I heard there was another accident the day before. Haven't seen any photos of the accident yet, Where did you spy the photos?

More photos of Nitro when it was still in Mn before being shipped south. Standard 1350's

Edit: No fishing boats were harmed wile taking photos on the river,
    Last edited by 92nsx; 1 Week Ago at 12:03 PM.
    Hobe and BajaDan like this.

Ignore User
    Nice boat. Nice shed also!
    hook'em and 92nsx like this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    I don't remember where I saw it. It was buried in about 30 other pix posted somewhere. Just one pic 2-3 other boats around it. Oddly calm looking scene considering it's upside down.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    God's Speed.

Drives, they look to be tucked way in.

TBM Refugees-23376391_284129285440803_6792662303795695547_n.jpg

Ignore User
    Fishing boats in harms way.

TBM Refugees-img_5841.jpg

Well. You would be able to see them if I didn't have sunscreen all over the camera lens. I mean if we weren't going 167 mph.

Bayou boating with the Master. Life doesn't get much better.
    emilsr, Hobe, Kefurr and 1 others like this.

Ignore User
    Drives, they look to be tucked way in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23376391_284129285440803_6792662303795695547_n.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	67450
    Man you got that right.

33 Outlaw, 502 Mag's

Ignore User
    Last edited by 92nsx; 1 Week Ago at 01:33 PM.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    I remember a crash last year, the Boat flipped and ejected the two on board they died.

Sorry to hear about these accidents I did see one earlier today the white boat that ran across the red one. Lots of media coverage no one injured I believe.