Page 1508 of 1526 FirstFirst ... 508 1008 1408 1458 1498 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1518 ... LastLast
Results 30,141 to 30,160 of 30517
Like Tree21163Likes

Thread: TBM Refugees

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaDan View Post
    Most are siliconed in place or worse. I tried all that sealant and it is a mess. It will pull the gelcoat off the transom. I went to a gasket so keep what you've got.

I was mistaken about the diverter butterflies. They do not have a rubber lip (well, I don't think they do). My tips have internal flappers (that are there to prevent water ingress up the tailpipes like the external flappers do) and those have rubber lips. I still like the external flapper though and run them. They take some of the harshness out of the exhaust note when running with the through hulls open.

If you want to gut your tips you can. There won't be a performance difference, but you will make more noise. That seems to be very important to some folks around here. And it is fun from time to time.
    I am defeated. The nut takes a 7/16" socket and its turning the stud too. I believe theres another nut on the other side so its Free spinning and not coming apart.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefurr View Post
    the Hardin tips would be nice, good quality and a great price but I'd spend the extra and buy Corsa tips so I wouldn't have to drill any new holes in the transom, the Hardin may or may not be the same
    If i could get my stocks off and gutted id be happy to polish them up and reuse them.

"Tinker Toy" - Baja 252 Islander

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by lchauvin88 View Post
    I am defeated. The nut takes a 7/16" socket and its turning the stud too. I believe theres another nut on the other side so its Free spinning and not coming apart.
    Humm. The stud must be broken and therefore doing nothing. Now you have to pull them.

Most tips are held in place by screws from the transom side. Some have studs that would be welded to the flange on the tip. Take the other nuts off, loosen the clamp on the rubber connector. The rubber will be stuck to the tip. Access is difficult, but try to pry a little bit of the rubber up from the tip and shoot some WE40 in the gap. Work the rubber around and try to rotate the tip some. This is more difficult with stud mounts. Get a 1 inch paint scrapper or something else thin and wide to wedge between the tip and the transom. Carefully start prying the tip up, wiggling it as much as possible to try and break the seal between the rubber connector and the tip. Keep working with it. You will get it off. The only thing holding it on will be the rubber connection.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User
    That just means you leave the switch on.

You'd be more enlightened if you owned an Islander.
    My bad, I read LeRoys comment wrong.

I got yer enlightenment.
    Last edited by hook'em; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:38 PM.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Badges?.......We Don't Need No Stinkin Badges........

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User

The difference between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee is a Damn Yankee stays.
    I'm honored.....

Alabama Department of Revenue audited my state taxes. Never had that happen. They got back to me and said my small state refund (after they reduced it by 20%) will be in the mail in due time, how long is "due time?" The money they decided to keep is money I should get back per the tax code, but it's not worth the hassle to fight them over it. If it was a large sum I'd be fighting them over it.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Humm. The stud must be broken and therefore doing nothing. Now you have to pull them.

Most tips are held in place by screws from the transom side. Some have studs that would be welded to the flange on the tip. Take the other nuts off, loosen the clamp on the rubber connector. The rubber will be stuck to the tip. Access is difficult, but try to pry a little bit of the rubber up from the tip and shoot some WE40 in the gap. Work the rubber around and try to rotate the tip some. This is more difficult with stud mounts. Get a 1 inch paint scrapper or something else thin and wide to wedge between the tip and the transom. Carefully start prying the tip up, wiggling it as much as possible to try and break the seal between the rubber connector and the tip. Keep working with it. You will get it off. The only thing holding it on will be the rubber connection.
    Let me clarify Because i may be describing what Im doing wrong. I was turning the nut visible in the center of the exhaust in the pic i posted. not the actual nuts on the inside of the transom (engine room area).

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by j21black View Post
    I'm honored.....

Alabama Department of Revenue audited my state taxes. Never had that happen. They got back to me and said my small state refund (after they reduced it by 20%) will be in the mail in due time, how long is "due time?" The money they decided to keep is money I should get back per the tax code, but it's not worth the hassle to fight them over it. If it was a large sum I'd be fighting them over it.
    Yankee Import Fee. You should be honored to pay it.

Damn Yankee Tax Evader.
    hook'em, emilsr and j21black like this.

Ignore User
    Let me clarify Because i may be describing what Im doing wrong. I was turning the nut visible in the center of the exhaust in the pic i posted. not the actual nuts on the inside of the transom (engine room area).
    I would not pull that nut off as you have no way to get that disk out (and no way to put it back on) without taking the tip off.. That is probably just a bolt and nut, not a stud. The tips should come right off. Pull them and then you can gut them easily.
    j21black and lchauvin88 like this.

2007 277 Baja Islander

Ignore User
    Yankee Import Fee. You should be honored to pay it.

Damn Yankee Tax Evader.
    I didn't write the tax code...

I gotta save up so I can live life like Ray....He's my hero...

Bayou Baja / Boss 272

Ignore User
    Damn a lot of posts this afternoon, productive at work must be suffering greatly!

Dan are your solenoids 3 or 4 wire? They should need power to open (loud) and if the boats been setting and batteries are a little low they don't work worth chit!
    If it's a 4 wire and turns out to be bad I have spares
    hook'em, 92nsx and lchauvin88 like this.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    I would not pull that nut off as you have no way to get that disk out (and no way to put it back on) without taking the tip off.. That is probably just a bolt and nut, not a stud. The tips should come right off. Pull them and then you can gut them easily.
    Yea I completely agree. I totally misunderstood the removal procedure I was reading. The nut i tried to remove is on a bolt not stud and appears the nut is tack welded or such to the bolt.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Damn a lot of posts this afternoon, productive at work must be suffering greatly!

Dan are your solenoids 3 or 4 wire? They should need power to open (loud) and if the boats been setting and batteries are a little low they don't work worth chit!
    Im off for the day. Work Wednesday and Thursday and off 3 days again.

Bayou Baja / Boss 272

Ignore User
    That center nut is for the baffling system don't be taking it loose unless you are gutting them. The mufflers should have three studs with nuts securing them on the inside of the transom. I wouldn't destroy the mufflers that are on there now, swap them for straight through pipes and sell the mufflers.
    You could make Rob a deal on the mufflers then he'd just need to find one more pair!
    92nsx and lchauvin88 like this.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    That center nut is for the baffling system don't be taking it loose unless you are gutting them. The mufflers should have three studs with nuts securing them on the inside of the transom. I wouldn't destroy the mufflers that are on there now, swap them for straight through pipes and sell the mufflers.
    You could make Rob a deal on the mufflers then he'd just need to find one more pair!
    After a few turns of the ratchet and Nothing happened I ran out of Beer. So i put the tools away. Got another Beer and am just Going to leave well enough alone for now. Greatful that when time comes to remove them i wont have ro worry about gelcoat damage. Rubber gaskets are a great thing. Everyone should have them.

Bayou Baja / Boss 272

Ignore User
    After a few turns of the ratchet and Nothing happened I ran out of Beer. So i put the tools away. Got another Beer and am just Going to leave well enough alone for now. Greatful that when time comes to remove them i wont have ro worry about gelcoat damage. Rubber gaskets are a great thing. Everyone should have them.
    Here's a couple pics of general look of your mufflers

TBM Refugees-imageuploadedbypowerboat-nation1504646751.469903.jpg

TBM Refugees-imageuploadedbypowerboat-nation1504646771.562794.jpg
    92nsx and lchauvin88 like this.

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Pretty cool info. Looks like mine are #12200.
    Browsing the forums and webs looking at pics and info on exhaust.

Boatless

Ignore User

That dude took up yoga and gave up material possessions like houses, boats and trucks. Do you really want to live like that???
    hook'em, BajaDan, Kefurr and 1 others like this.

Boss 272/502

Ignore User

The GDP is waaaay off on days like this. State law, swear to gawd it is.

You need to save those for us homie. Leave those island holsters out of this.
    BajaDan and Kefurr like this.
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

Boss 272/502

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by emilsr View Post
    That dude took up yoga and gave up material possessions like houses, boats and trucks. Do you really want to live like that???
    #worthyhero #keepinitreal
    Last edited by hook'em; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:22 PM. Reason: Right
    ...ridin dirty aboard...
    Can Ya Hear Me Now

03 Baja Islander 242

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by d4l View Post
    Im

I work my ass of to, I get up at 3am on a saturday to work 12-14hrs, but I still only have 20" OL and 08 El Camino

I like turning money into noise!
    Whats an 08 el camino? I think they stop building that in 88 over here in the USA.