Thread: Changing propeller on my 2003 Baja Outlaw 25 with Mercruiser 496 mag and bravo drive

PBN User
    2003 Baja Outlaw 25

Ignore User

Changing propeller on my 2003 Baja Outlaw 25 with Mercruiser 496 mag and bravo drive

I have a 2003 Baja Outlaw 25 with a 496 mag Mercruiser with bravo drive. Everything appears stock. I was wanting to change out my OEM 3 blade propeller to something better. Any suggestions on propeller and blade and what degree pitch?
    Thanks

PBN Charter Member BBLADESPROPS's Avatar
    many

Ignore User
    Mr. Hick,

Thanks for the question. (love your avatar)

First thing we need to do is to supply us with performance numbers and exacting current propeller specifications.
    In other words. Get the size or part numbers off the current propeller on the boat. You can find that info on the side of the prop casting or under the prop nut.
    In addition we will need to get the boats WOT (wide open throttle) rpm and gps speed with a "standard load" in a everyday condition.
    Then we can check the efficiency of the current prop and determine your goals and the best options.
    We already have ideas on what we will want to do but the information you supply us will solidify the best route.

Brett
    Brett Anderson
    President
    BBLADES Professional Propellers, LLC.
    O-920-295-4435
    F-920-295-4436
    www.bblades.com